Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clueless people!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sadly too true..

This sadly is a worldwide attitude ..Ive heard the same thing from uneducated people here in Australia too. The answer is in education but unfortunately some dont want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

some people....
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    I These owners probably don't belong to a breed club and would have little idea of the health problems in Cavaliers. The KC should refuse to register Cavalier puppies born to underage parents.

What makes me angry is the fact that members of breed club committees, the people who should be setting an example by breeding responsibly, are no better.
    One little dog co-owned by a Cavalier Club committee member was used at stud for the first time at 9 months ( mated to a 14 month bitch ) and I suspect he easily exceeded 17 litters before he was two and a half years old.

I have just received the Breed Record Supplement so I will do a little bit of checking.
    I checked and this young dog, co-owned by a Cavalier Club committee member, sired 23 litters before he was two years old.

The first bitch this little dog mated, when he was a puppy of 9 months and she was 14 months, was bred again to him again 7 months later. Owned by the same partnership, she had two litters before she was two years old.

This owner is in no way a clueless person. He is aware of the health guidelines, he has had first hand experience of SM so he knows he risks producing cavaliers that have painful lives.

The Cavalier Club have an AGM this weekend. There is a proposal that I have submitted for discussion that states..........

"All members that put themselves forward for election to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club committee must agree to abide by the Club’s Code of Best Practice and the Club Breeding Guidelines".

It will be voted out.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

... The Cavalier Club have an AGM this weekend. There is a proposal that I have submitted for discussion that states..........

"All members that put themselves forward for election to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club committee must agree to abide by the Club’s Code of Best Practice and the Club Breeding Guidelines". ...
    I LOVE IT!! It is the least they should have to do.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like a completely logical and reasonable proposal.Especially when positive PR is needed in the current climate.Not just positive PR,but urgent efforts to address the problem of inherited illness in the breed.
    However, logic and reason are in scarce supply in the cavalier world.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Clueless people !!!!!

I checked and this young dog, co-owned by a Cavalier Club committee member, sired 23 litters before he was two years old.

The first bitch this little dog mated, when he was a puppy of 9 months and she was 14 months, was bred again to him again 7 months later. Owned by the same partnership, she had two litters before she was two years old.

This owner is in no way a clueless person. He is aware of the health guidelines, he has had first hand experience of SM so he knows he risks producing cavaliers that have painful lives.

The Cavalier Club have an AGM this weekend. There is a proposal that I have submitted for discussion that states..........

"All members that put themselves forward for election to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club committee must agree to abide by the Club’s Code of Best Practice and the Club Breeding Guidelines".

It will be voted out.

CLUELESS PEOPLE !!!!!

Just read Margaret's Post about the CKCS CLUB COMMITTEE CLUB MEMBER Co-Ownership of a Cavalier who has sired 23 Litters before 2 Years of age ,and the POOR WEE CAVALIER BITCH WHO WAS STILL A BABY ,mated at 14 Months and had a Repeat Mating at 7 Months later.

I do hope this has been noted by the Welfare Committee , CAWC.

Are there some now on the CKCS CLUB COMMITTEE, who do not care about the Scientific Information being given by the Researchers into the SM and MVD Problems in Cavaliers, but only about PUBLIC RELATIONS and SPIN.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    I would like to see a law passed that no puppy is to be sold from untested parents, who must be 2 1/2 years or older at the time of mating,

The latest Breed Record Supplement shows that this young dog became a Grandfather soon after his second birthday.

Fingers crossed he does not have anything nasty to pass on to his very many offspring.
    Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

first I can't imagine a 9 month old being breed and that is really concerning and pretty easy to know.

clueless people (who we all are at times because I hope we gain knowledge somehow) are not the issue with me personally. Its what one does with the knowledge that shows a lot.

1) it either goes over head (guilty) or they don't think much of it.

Worse

2) they know exactly and choose to ignore, deny, or play didn't know.

I don't have mental energy to say what I want. I am amazed at things said. I will do a seperate thing about my friend, one that I was close with pre SM and owns kennedy (ellas boyfriend), being dead serious when I put ella to sleep about what a shame it was we got them fixed before we met. That is the first category.

When one is a breeder and knows exactly the code of ethics and chooses to not follow is category 2 (9 month old) I'm not sure what is in the uk code of ethics because I am not breeding and not in uk.

I will tell you what I DO know. I will use Rod Russell as an example because he is not a breeder and if he was it would be really funny if the person who dedicated so much time to cavalier health didn't follow or "know" about health issues. His website www.cavalierhealth.org probably does not miss any health issue, new information etc. Regarding health. By the way sorry to pick on you, rod. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for someone to point him out. If rod did breed and decided he would give me a puppy.

I know I don't have energy to go meet him and even see if I like him (who knows ) or the puppies, look at the health results because that's what he said to do and I would, but more importantly, nothing is free.

Things happen that he or I could not see. I learned that recently.

Even if he knew the future and he could actually guarantee that
    nothing would, I don't want to take the time to train a puppy.

It goes on and on.... sorry to ramble but sometimes we need to think more (especially me)! But we are all clueless at some points but those that KNOW and don't do, that's what bothers me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I meant to point out all of that is right now. Things may change but right now, I am choosing to ignore things. I'm not buying a puppy or rescue, I am choosiing to just enjoy learning and I don't want to know who does what until or if I buy a puppy because it kind of ruins all the fun of just enjoying from the outside. I want a mental break and I am choosing to be clueless. Just for the weekend.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It will be voted out.
    The proposal was voted out, but not so overwhelmingly as last year.

The figures were 14 for the proposal, 33 against and 2 abstained (interesting how few people make the decisions for a club of over 1,500 members )

Although the proposal failed, I actually feel quite heartened at the increased number of ordinary decent members that were brave enough to come and make their true opinion known.

The proposal will be submitted again every year until committee members and health representatives stop breeding from underage Cavaliers.
    Margaret C