• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Changes at the Kennel Club.

Margaret C

The Kennel Club held its AGM today.

There was a proposal to get the KC to cease testing immediately for powder, lacquer and silicone-based products, something that has become a big issue lately, after some heavy handed testing of poodles at Crufts.
It appears there has been some compromise on that motion.

The big news of the day is that the KC Chairman, Ronnie Irvine, is retiring in June.
It will be interesting to see who will replace him aand whether this signals changes in the way the KC is run.

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News

I got this from Dog World too and am glad to see it.

The situation was that I would never take a dog to show without a thorough bath the night before. This would involve 2 lathers of shampoo, which may or may not contain and leave traces of a silicone product. Then I massage in and leave in a good quality conditioner on the coat for 5 minutes. This definitely contains silicone. Both are illegal under rule F.

If it had ever become impractical to shampoo and condition my dogs then I would not show them. I do not show smelly or dirty dogs, neither do I present them with a coat that is not shining with good condition, sweet smelling and smooth and silky to the touch.

I expect you know Margaret that rule F was brought in because of the excessive chalking of the terriers to create the required harsh and wiry coat? Somehow it recently spread to preparation of poodles, leading to the frog marching of winning exhibitors at Crufts from the ring to have coat samples taken for analysis. All were negative.

Changes at the kennel club

I got this from Dog World too and am glad to see it.

The situation was that I would never take a dog to show without a thorough bath the night before. This would involve 2 lathers of shampoo, which may or may not contain and leave traces of a silicone product. Then I massage in and leave in a good quality conditioner on the coat for 5 minutes. This definitely contains silicone. Both are illegal under rule F.

If it had ever become impractical to shampoo and condition my dogs then I would not show them. I do not show smelly or dirty dogs, neither do I present them with a coat that is not shining with good condition, sweet smelling and smooth and silky to the touch.

I expect you know Margaret that rule F was brought in because of the excessive chalking of the terriers to create the required harsh and wiry coat? Somehow it recently spread to preparation of poodles, leading to the frog marching of winning exhibitors at Crufts from the ring to have coat samples taken for analysis. All were negative.

CHANGES AT THE KENNEL CLUB

Will this maybe now have the changes so many of us want, particularly for our Cavaliers ,that NO CAVALIER is given a Title without having a Certificate to Prove that He or She has no SM or MVD Problems ,which are the Two most Serious problems afflicting Cavaliers.

Bet

Back