• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rolling in the ....

SophieLightyear

Need some help!!!
On our morning walk, Benji decided he wanted to roll in some poop. It was pretty icky and he really smells. I've brushed it out of his fur and given him a bath to get it all out but he still smells of it. I really need some help of how to get the smell out?
My only other idea is to book him in at the groomers tomorrow to see if they can do anything about it!

Oh the things Brooklyn has rolled in.

Not sure if this will work, but if a dog gets sprayed with a skunk, you bathe them in tomato juice to get the smell out/neutralized. Unfortunately I know this works from experience with a friends black lab that I was dog sitting! I made the mistake though of giving her a tomato juice bath in my bathroom (not outside!) and ended up cleaning tomato off the ceiling for months!

Oh well done Benji !
We have one who rolled in cat poo at 11 pm in the dark.:p
Tomato ketchup will help with the staining and neutralise the odour somewhat.
Then give him a wash. There's a range of shampoos which contain a substance called byotrol which is superb at neutralising odours.Most regular pet shops would stock it.
Sins

Byotrol -- now that is useful to know. Jaspar is a poop roller too!

Tomato juice is good for some odours -- we had a pyrenees who got sprayed about once a year by skunks when I was growing up and it neutralised about 90% of the smell (and left her pale pink).

http://www.byofresh.com/

I get the Byofresh puppy shampoo in Maxi Zoo shops.
It also works a treat for washing an in season bitch.
It's also a very nice smelling shampoo and easy to work into a nice lather.
Sins

Ah! Parfum de Fox - the Cavaliers' favourite! (Though Oliver also rather likes Parfum de Fermenting Grassclippings, not to mention Eau de Muddy Pond)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back