• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rest in peace Tania

robbieswan

Tania was my first CKCS. I had her when I was 12 years old. She was so very beautiful and got me through the terrible teens. When I met my wife at 21, I moved down from London to Swansea and lost touch of Tania....Then the phone call came..Tania's bladder was failing and she was getting bigger and bigger. My dad called and my wife and I drove up to the vets. My dad stayed in the van, but myself, Bev (wife) and lynda (mum) went into the vets. I will never forget the look on her face when the needle went in, and the blue stain on her fur of her paw. We left the vets without her and my dad cried. It was the first and last time I ever saw my dad cry. 18 years to the day today, and I am thinking of her.

My thoughts with you today:hug:it's funny how these little Cavs leave such big pawprints on our hearts

Thank you Merello. You are so right. That's why when I write poetry about Cavs and their owners, I know something of the hurt and pain felt. I have a new Cav now in Tess, but I still miss Tania.

Robbie, I lost my little Cav Sonny last year to MVD and there's not a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him so much. We got another little Cav from a rescue and Kaley is every bit as loving as Sonny was. I think in 20 years time I'll be similar to you and still be missing Sonny. There's just something about the loving and loyal nature of the breed that makes them so special:)

Carol

Thinking of you today. These little guys truly are angels in doggie bodies. She is with you always.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

With Jade's death still so recent, I know that we never quite get over the loss of these special dogs. Whether it's 6 weeks or 6 years, the gap in our lives will always be there. I'm thinking of you as you remember Tania. xxx

How very sad. It's so hard when you lose your dog but to lose your dad so soon after would be so hard for you. I'm sure my husband must think I've lost the plot as every time I'm on here I end up in tears.

Thank you. To my dad, Tania was everything..as she was to me...Tania was real live teddy who you could cuddle when life got tough, and my dad used her for the same purpose. I can hardly see what I am typing through the tears. 3 weeks from now, I will be the same again..in bits.

Tess was feeling down all day yesterday, but today she is fine..It's almost as if she knew I was sad and was mourning with me....but that's silly isn't it?

Thank you Merello. You are so right. That's why when I write poetry about Cavs and their owners, I know something of the hurt and pain felt. I have a new Cav now in Tess, but I still miss Tania.

I'm so sorry for your loss of tania but also so grateful for the poem you wrote for ella. I can't tell you how much that meant to me and I will always treasure it. Your story is so sad/sweet/touching full of emotions. Thank you for sharing that with us. *tears*. Tania must have been one special girl. I know I will never forget ella and you for doing that for me. Now I'm crying but good cries. I really am sorry.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tania was a special girl...a very special girl...ok I'm gonna go now, the kids are waking up and I don't want them to see their dad in tears.....thank you all xxxxxxx

Tess was feeling down all day yesterday, but today she is fine..It's almost as if she knew I was sad and was mourning with me....but that's silly isn't it?

Ok, now I have a wet pillow. Not silly at all. I can imagine tess looking up at you and praying beside you as think of tania. I heard cavaliers or even dogs in general can sense emotions so I think you might be right.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have a lot of empathy for you, I feel the same for my Ciara who died in 1998 and will like you miss and never forget her.

Back