1. What are the ages of your Cav/ Cav's? Max will be three in September and Rylie is just turning two.
2. Do you do agility with your Cav/Cav's? Yes with both. Max competes at the advanced/masters level and Rylie is just starting out.
3. Do you show your Cav/Cav's? If so have they won in show? Max (ruby) is too tall and both have white markings so wouldn't be considered show quality.
4. Are there any funny or unique things your Cav does that just makes you smile or melt? If there is please share. They both make me laugh on a daily basis with their various antics.
5. When you took in your first Cav did you know about all the health issues they could have?
When I got my first Cavalier Mindy in 1998 the only recognized health problem was MVD. Her breeder made sure I was aware. She died of cancer at just over 12 years old without a diagnosed heart murmur (she had never seen a cardiologist - only regular vets).
6. Did your Cav/Cav's parents get tested for SM/MVD before you brought your pup home?
Mindy's parents were both heart clear, apparently Max's were too although I don't have the documentation to back that up. I have documentation on both Rylie's sire and dam and both have had A graded MRI's, heart clear, hips and eyes good. I learn more as I go along.
7. If your Cav is over the age of 2, do they have SM/MVD? The reason I ask this is because I have been doing a lot of reading on the site and it seems MANY of you are facing this and would like to know how many are not compared to who are.
Mindy never had any SM symptoms. Neither of my current dogs do either to this point. None have been MRI'd.
8. What are the greatest positives that your Cav/Cav's have brought to your life?
Unconditional love and their joy for every new experience.
Mindy Tri - Feb/97
Max - Ruby - Sep/08
Rylie - B&T - June/09