• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our princess Mischa passed away today 17 months old from leukemia

Heartbreaking loss!

It's heartbreaking to lose Mischa at such a young age hope the suppport from members brings you some small comfort. Run free little Mischa.

So sorry for your loss Dianne xx

So unfair that Mischa didn't get to live the long life that she so deserved- some angels need to get back to heaven sooner than others and this means that she was extra extra special and god couldn't cope with out her any longer

:(

560f615d-fdc5-1081.jpg

Beautiful Mischa xxxxxx

What a beautiful girl she is. I can't imagine the pain of losing one so young. I've not heard of leukemia in such a young dog. Did the vet shed any more info on this?
Thinking of you both.

Results have shown lymphablastic/monoblastic leukaemia, they said it was extremely rare and even more so in a dog so young.it's a very very aggressive fatal form of leukaemia and took hold very quickly (4 weeks) it wasn't diagnosed until the day before she passed away as our local vets were adamant it was not leukaemia in a dog so young.It was only when she was transferred to the teaching hospital in liverpool that the haematologist saw the cancer cells in her blood.

We miss her so much and it's even worse as she was so young.Mischa has left a massive hole in our hearts.

I am so sorry to hear this. Was she exhibiting signs of some sort? That is so very quick. I really, really can't imagine. I have a niece who was dx'd with acute lymphoblastic leukemia 2 years ago. She was 5 turning 6. Chemo didn't work, and she had to have a bone marrow transplant (very tough stuff). I remember how quickly they reacted at the diagnosis. Acute Leukemia moves very quickly.

I hope that you find comfort in your other dogs, and knowing you did your very best for her. Hugs and prayers for you all.

Very sad to hear about the loss of your beautiful cavalier, particularly one so young. Events like this really hammer home the message that we must enjoy every precious moment we have with our families and friends as none of us know what tomorrow may bring.

Thank you all,
4 weeks before she passed away we noticed that she had lost her "voice/bark". She was a very vocal dog normally barking at birds etc. We took her straight to vets who said nothing more than "doggy tonsillitis" and was sent home with antibiotics. She got better in a week and then straight back to the lost voice when he finished her tabs.lymph glands were gettin bigger and bigger also. After a couple of wks of no joy she was put under aneasethic and had a camera put down throat and no abnormalities foreign bodies found.pre aneashtetic bloods showed mild anaemia however.further blood test showed " abnormal" cells but vets did not know what the cause was so decided to put her under anaesethic again and take a biopsy of the now enormous glands in her neck whilst under they found more lumps in her back legs. Still puzzled they said not to worry it can't be anything sinister in a dog so young.my partner went and picked her up from the vets after her aneasethic on the thurs afternoon. She didn't move out of her basket all day/ night and she went downhill from there. I was up with her all thurs night, fri morning I called vets and took her straight in expliaining that since the aneasethic she had collapsed a couple of times and not slept all night, her breathing was very very rapid ad she was very weak,we transferred her to the teaching hospital in Liverpool where within an hour they diagnosed monoblastic leukaemia which can not be treated. She was given a blood transfusion that night and sadly passed away the next morning on the Saturday.

Sorry to go on but it helps to tell others about our experience.
It all happened so quickly and a shock to us most definately
Thanks for the kind words all x

Back