Thread: Harleys first Agility Competition

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harleys first Agility Competition

Been doing Agility for just over a year now and everybody was telling me to enter this competition. It was a BAA competition so you are competing against every height. So I am proud to say that Harley got a 7th place Rosette out of 61 dogs entered in Agility. He got clear rounds in Jumping, Steeple Chase and Agility 2.

I am especially proud as Harley was the only Cavalier there among all the Collies.

I am so tired just take a photo and leave me asleep.

Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! How cute is that. That's what Max looks like after a competition lol. Rylie still looks like the tazmanian devil.
    Mindy Tri - Feb/97
    Max - Ruby - Sep/08
    Rylie - B&T - June/09

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Harley, and you. I love BAA shows for their atmosphere, but it is difficult being up against all heights. So very well done for that 7th place. I always say that the jump height may be altered for size, but all dogs still have to cover the same amount of ground between the obstacles, so it's not an even playing field.

Maddie and Pippin look like that after an agility show. Bless. Lovely pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadPip View Post
    Congrats to Harley, and you. I love BAA shows for their atmosphere, but it is difficult being up against all heights. So very well done for that 7th place. I always say that the jump height may be altered for size, but all dogs still have to cover the same amount of ground between the obstacles, so it's not an even playing field.

Maddie and Pippin look like that after an agility show. Bless. Lovely pictures.

Mad Pip

You are right the atmosphere is always great at BAA Shows.

I have learned that you do stand a chance with Agility and anything that has contacts in it as (sorry Collie lovers) most of the Collies are so keen they don’t get a clear round as they don’t hit the contacts. I won’t enter jumping or steeple chase again as that is all for speed and we don’t stand a chance against the collies.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Very well done - and for your Rally successes too.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Very well done,
    Harley seems to love the agility.Three clear rounds in the different disciplines is excellent.He's earned his rest for sure.
    Sins