• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Deadly Poison at an International Show

Sabby

Just saw this on Facebook. Absolutely terrible.
My heart goes out to the people that lost their dogs.

BAD EXPERIENCE!!
ORRIBLE!!!!!! Today to the International Show in San Marino, one of the more important show in Europe , with a qualification to the Crufts, many people come to many country in the world: Canada, Russian, Germany, Hungary, etc etc. For the first time in hi...story the show has been canceled, poisoning, many dogs have died, he threw an unknown liquid deadly poison for the whole area of the expo. The worst thing is that the 'organization was aware of the danger, already a month and did not think to cancel the show in advance, to safeguard the health of our dogs, luckily my dogs have not come in contact with the poison, but I have seen several dogs die horribly. I have no words to comment beyond !!!!! This evening, many people mourn their dog to the superficiality of some people !!!!!!!!

Strychnine poisoning apparently.
I can't imagine the horror that people must have endured as they watched their dogs die,not to mention that strychnine poisoning is a dreadful end for a dog.
We had a Labrador Bruce who ingested strychnine poison from a bird carcass and he spent two days critically ill.He'd been saved by my cousin who was able to induce vomiting quickly and then thanks to some excellent veterinary care.
Whoever put this on the grass needs to be taken off the streets as children could have easily ingested this too and we could have had both human as well as canine fatalities.
Sins

What a dreadful thing for someone to do.

There's also a poison warning out in England, for anyone who walks their dogs (or has dog-owning friends) in Yorkshire:

'The RSPCA and police are appealing to dog walkers in Cross Hills, Keighley, to take care after several dogs fell ill and died after being walked along the same footpath.

The footpath, off Station Road, is a popular area for dog owners to walk their pets. North Yorkshire police and the RSPCA received calls after seven dogs died between Friday 20 and Wednesday 25 May. Another dog died yesterday (26 May).'

Poisoning, whether accidental or deliberate, is suspected, as the dogs hadn't been on the footpath very long before they went into convulsions and died shortly after.

So sad for all the owners, both in Yorkshire and San Marino.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Oh my goodness! My heart just sank :cry*ing:That is just horrible. My thoughts go out to everyone who lost a pet :( I cannot imagine their pain :(

Back