Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories of Megan 1998-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memories of Megan 1998-2011

As many of you may already have seen, we are currently going through the agony of losing our precious old lady, Megan, after 12 long years of faithful companionship to her humans and devoted care of countless dogs who have passed by, whether as permanent residents or temporary guests.

She arrived with us at the age of 5 months in April 1999, primarily as a companion for our then old girl, Louie. But she was immediately thrown into the demands of TLC and motivator when I found myself hospitalised for cancer surgery and chemotherapy. It worked – I recovered!

Since then she has continued to be our most treasured darling – always independent of spirit, always calm and dignified in the face of troubled times, always giving selflessly of herself to those in need of guidance and reassurance. We thought we were so lucky when she appeared to have no sign of heart disease, and did not worry unduly when we realised she had gone totally deaf, until the dreadful day in 2006 when we realised that she was in fact suffering from the scourge of SM.

However, Megan was not one to give up unnecessarily! With the brilliant help and treatment of our wonderful vet, with all the support and advice from this forum, with good food, gentle exercise and a full diary of looking after others, Megan continued to live her extraordinary life.

And now that it is over, she is still helping others, because I registered her with the Cavalier Collection Scheme, and, thanks to Margaret’s good offices and the dedication of several researchers, our lovely girl is doing her bit to help solve the mysteries of some of the terrible diseases which have struck our beloved Cavaliers.

So, my darling Megan, we bid you farewell and a sweet good night, and will always hold you tight in our hearts, though we shall terribly miss……….

Your puppyhood charms

Your playful spirit

Your nicknames, like “Miss Wisp”

Your loving companionship to our own dogs like Louie

Your sharing of our interests

Your soothing whispers to our guests

Your incredibly blonde ears

Your favourite spot under the table

Your love of toast from your Nan

Your winning ways

Your wise old face
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Marie-Anne

Your In Memoriam for your beloved Megan was lovely - her going will leave such a hole in your lives, but I'm so glad she made her twelfth birthday. Rubies seem to age particularly gracefully (though Oliver looks a bit strange with white eyebrows!).

Thinking of you,

Love from Kate and licks from Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a great memorial and I am in tears. I am sure that megan helping you at that time created an extrodiary bond. I'm so sorry for your loss

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Marie Anne, what a wonderful tribute to a wonderful dog! We'll be thinking of you and we'll light a candle for Megan tonight.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Many hugs ((((()))))

Becky

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely pictorial tribute to Megan.I especially loved that photo of her draped in her crochet blanket.
    I'm so truly sorry for your loss.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

I too am so sorry to read about your loss of Megan. Your tribute is lovely and the photos are a stunning collection of memories for you.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello

A moving and warm tribute to a special little girl ,we all suffer with you at this time .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very sorry for your loss, what lovely memories you have of Megan, she was beautiful. Thinking of you and your family.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like

The love you feel for Megan comes through in every word as does the pain you are feeling. What a lovely tribute to a beautiful angel.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart