• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Memories of Megan 1998-2011

Wagtails

As many of you may already have seen, we are currently going through the agony of losing our precious old lady, Megan, after 12 long years of faithful companionship to her humans and devoted care of countless dogs who have passed by, whether as permanent residents or temporary guests.

She arrived with us at the age of 5 months in April 1999, primarily as a companion for our then old girl, Louie. But she was immediately thrown into the demands of TLC and motivator when I found myself hospitalised for cancer surgery and chemotherapy. It worked – I recovered!

Since then she has continued to be our most treasured darling – always independent of spirit, always calm and dignified in the face of troubled times, always giving selflessly of herself to those in need of guidance and reassurance. We thought we were so lucky when she appeared to have no sign of heart disease, and did not worry unduly when we realised she had gone totally deaf, until the dreadful day in 2006 when we realised that she was in fact suffering from the scourge of SM.

However, Megan was not one to give up unnecessarily! With the brilliant help and treatment of our wonderful vet, with all the support and advice from this forum, with good food, gentle exercise and a full diary of looking after others, Megan continued to live her extraordinary life.

And now that it is over, she is still helping others, because I registered her with the Cavalier Collection Scheme, and, thanks to Margaret’s good offices and the dedication of several researchers, our lovely girl is doing her bit to help solve the mysteries of some of the terrible diseases which have struck our beloved Cavaliers.

So, my darling Megan, we bid you farewell and a sweet good night, and will always hold you tight in our hearts, though we shall terribly miss……….

Your puppyhood charms
001Firstdayhomeaged4months5thApril1999.jpg

Your playful spirit
002WithteddyasbigasMegan.jpg

Your nicknames, like “Miss Wisp”
004MissWisp.jpg

Your loving companionship to our own dogs like Louie
000WagtailsatWagtails.jpg

Your sharing of our interests
005Birdwatcherextraordinaire.jpg

019CyclingatSlimbridgewithMAAug2003.jpg

Your soothing whispers to our guests
008Chinesewhispers.jpg

Your incredibly blonde ears
009Blondebombshell.jpg

Your favourite spot under the table
036Meganunderthekitchentable.jpg

Your love of toast from your Nan
098MeganscroungingtoastfromBobbie.jpg

Your winning ways
101Meganinherwinnersblanket.jpg

Your wise old face
106Eyeswideshut.jpg

Dear Marie-Anne

Your In Memoriam for your beloved Megan was lovely - her going will leave such a hole in your lives, but I'm so glad she made her twelfth birthday. Rubies seem to age particularly gracefully (though Oliver looks a bit strange with white eyebrows!).

Thinking of you,

Love from Kate and licks from Oliver and Aled :flwr:

What a great memorial and I am in tears. I am sure that megan helping you at that time created an extrodiary bond. I'm so sorry for your loss

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

:hug::hug:Oh Marie Anne, what a wonderful tribute to a wonderful dog! We'll be thinking of you and we'll light a candle for Megan tonight.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Many hugs ((((()))))

Becky

What a lovely pictorial tribute to Megan.I especially loved that photo of her draped in her crochet blanket.
I'm so truly sorry for your loss.
Sins

I too am so sorry to read about your loss of Megan. Your tribute is lovely and the photos are a stunning collection of memories for you.
:flwr::flwr:

Hello

A moving and warm tribute to a special little girl ,we all suffer with you at this time .:(

I am so very sorry for your loss, what lovely memories you have of Megan, she was beautiful. Thinking of you and your family.:hug:

The love you feel for Megan comes through in every word as does the pain you are feeling. What a lovely tribute to a beautiful angel.

So sorry for your loss, your tribute to her is so moving, it has brought me to tears.

rip miss April

Marie-Anne, a beautiful tribute to Megan and thank you for sharing your special photos. I am so sorry for your loss and bless you for thinking of others at this time and letting Megan help with the Cavalier Collection Scheme. Will light a candle for Megan tonight,

Carolxx

I have always thought Megan was very special, she always had a warmth that glowed in her beautiful face. Your tribute to her is lovely and my heart goes out to you.

What a wonderful tribute. I'm sorry for your loss, looks like you have many wonderful memories to hold in your heart. Thinking of you x

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to Megan she was a very special girl. You and your family are in my thoughts. Sending lots of :hug:

lindylou

so so sorry to hear of your loss of megan
tears fill my eyes looking at those beautifull photo's

What a wonderful tribute to a truly special girl. Thinking of you at this sad time. Megan will have her special place in your heart forever.:hug:

Back