Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I-Pad vs I-Pad 2

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

We use iPad and thought of upgrading to iPad 2. After testing and doing bit of research we concluded that you only need to upgrade if: 1. You need to use the camera if you Skype on iPad, 2. You spend lots of time reading large PDF files, 3. Your current iPad is only 16 GB and you need more space to store books, songs, video etc, 4. Your ipad is more than 2.5 yrs old. Otherwise, upgrade to iPad 2 is really a lifestyle choice and if you have the extra dough to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought an iPad2 when I was over in vegas and love it. But having used an iPad I don't think if you own the original then the price for a new one is probably not justified.

It got even better yesterday when the jailbreak was released

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Just ordered one for Lukes Bithday ,ordered a 3g and 16 gb but not sure if I should have ordered a larger memory .?
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Graham has an I Pad 2. He can print from this which I believe you can't on the I Pad 1.

I have just been into PC World and looked at the Blackberry Playbook. It is very similar except is supports
    Flash and Microsoft. Pls it fits in my handbag. Just got to decide whether I really need it.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

Just ordered one for Lukes Bithday ,ordered a 3g and 16 gb but not sure if I should have ordered a larger memory .?
    16GB can be sufficient depending on what it is going to be used for. If you want to store loads of videos on it you will be pushing it, however you can save those videos on a PC and stream from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Graham has an I Pad 2. He can print from this which I believe you can't on the I Pad 1.
    you can print from an iPad 1 as long as it has been updated to the latest version of iOS through iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I have just been into PC World and looked at the Blackberry Playbook. It is very similar except is supports
    Flash and Microsoft. Pls it fits in my handbag. Just got to decide whether I really need it.
    Don't get a playbook they have been getting slated in reviews, the Samsung galaxy tab is far superior, it also supports flash if that is really important to you, but it also means you have access to the android app store which has loads on there now. Blackberry's appstore is terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

I only just saw this thread.

A friend gave me an iPad and I LOVE IT! I thought, whats the big deal, I mean, iPad vs laptop. But I can tell you now that I have one I am HOOKED. I wish it had 3G capability, but beggars can't br choosers. I love that I can take it anywhere because it barely weighs anything! I put mine in my purse most of the time (okay, I'm a fashionable girl, I carry a pretty decent size purse). I have a lovely cover for it (think ireader style cover) and I'm ready to go anywhere.

Just now have to figure out how to tether it to my cell phone so I can have 3G in areas where there is no wifi.

If you had told me 6 months ago I'd feel this way, I'd have thought you were crazy. I LOVE IT!
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to allow myself be persuaded that the 'family' would benefit from having an iPad, so we bought one last month. As the person that resisted it the most, guess who uses it the most now!
    At the moment I only use it for checking in here (naturally!), my emails,Facebook, twitter and a local news site. I know there must be lots of other worthy things I could be doing- can anyone recommend sone decent apps? I have a Sony e-reader so don't need to download books (something else I resisted but love), I also have scrabble and solitaire. My poor little iPhone is feeling very dejected now
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008