• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what i miss the most

Super Princess

I wrote this poem..or whatever it might be... and posted it on a collabrative art website i am part of.

this is for my boy Oliver.

I miss your sad puppy dog eyes

I miss the freckles on your nose.

I miss the warm wet tong that would lick my hand silly

I miss the sound of your collar when you shook your head

i miss the sight of you sleeping on the coffee table in the middle of the afternoon.

I miss our long evening walks together

i miss the sight of niko dragging his owner down the street..barrelling at us full speed to say hello

I miss the sound of you scratching the sliding glass door to come in

i miss your breath fogging up that door

i miss your foot prints on the beach, or in the snow

i miss your excitement..of rolling in the snow..thoroughly enjoying every second of it

I miss your stubbornness when you didn't want to go for a walk, or be seen in your rain gear.

i miss the sound of your cry when you thought you were alone

i miss you begging for a treat every time we left grandma and grandpas house

i miss you squashed in next to me on the trips to vancouver

I miss your comforting presence when i was uncomfortable or nervous

I miss you sleeping at the end of my bed

I miss our trips up island together..because with you by my side..i was never alone

i miss our late night drives through town..when there was nothing else to do but listen to music and drive the empty streets.

I miss our walks on the piers..

I miss our matching hoodies

i miss you sniffing every inch of every strange place you were in

I miss people coming up to us and saying what a cute dog you were

I miss the smell of your hair when you got groomed

I miss your body wiggle when you itched

I miss the sound of your foot hitting the bowl at dinner time.

i miss you scarfing it down

i miss talking to you..even though you probably didn't understand me..or at least you pretended not to understand me

I miss you laying grumpily next to me when i take a bath

I miss your sighs..impatient..annoyed

I miss playing ball with you

I miss your endless bounds of energy and excitement when we caved and did play ball

i miss your impatient whines when we did not throw the ball fast enough

i miss the thump thump of your running

i miss nuzzling your nose with mine

I miss the feeling of your soft fur

I miss tackling you to trim your paws.

i miss the hair all over the bathroom, the couch and my clothes

I miss coming home to you every night

i miss the way you would paw my leg to get my attention

I miss the way you would snuggle up to me on the couch.

But mostly… I miss you.

You died of a broken heart. and now i am left with a broken heart

That was very touching, I am still wiping the tears. I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose such a close friend. My deepest sympathies.

I'm so so sorry about Oliver. Tears are falling for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Words alone can not tell how much a dog effects our lives. There is so much "gone" when they leave.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece
of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." Erica Jong

Well that did it

I wrote this poem..or whatever it might be... and posted it on a collabrative art website i am part of.

this is for my boy Oliver.

I miss your sad puppy dog eyes

I miss the freckles on your nose.

I miss the warm wet tong that would lick my hand silly

I miss the sound of your collar when you shook your head

i miss the sight of you sleeping on the coffee table in the middle of the afternoon.

I miss our long evening walks together

i miss the sight of niko dragging his owner down the street..barrelling at us full speed to say hello

I miss the sound of you scratching the sliding glass door to come in

i miss your breath fogging up that door

i miss your foot prints on the beach, or in the snow

i miss your excitement..of rolling in the snow..thoroughly enjoying every second of it

I miss your stubbornness when you didn't want to go for a walk, or be seen in your rain gear.

i miss the sound of your cry when you thought you were alone

i miss you begging for a treat every time we left grandma and grandpas house

i miss you squashed in next to me on the trips to vancouver

I miss your comforting presence when i was uncomfortable or nervous

I miss you sleeping at the end of my bed

I miss our trips up island together..because with you by my side..i was never alone

i miss our late night drives through town..when there was nothing else to do but listen to music and drive the empty streets.

I miss our walks on the piers..

I miss our matching hoodies

i miss you sniffing every inch of every strange place you were in

I miss people coming up to us and saying what a cute dog you were

I miss the smell of your hair when you got groomed

I miss your body wiggle when you itched

I miss the sound of your foot hitting the bowl at dinner time.

i miss you scarfing it down

i miss talking to you..even though you probably didn't understand me..or at least you pretended not to understand me

I miss you laying grumpily next to me when i take a bath

I miss your sighs..impatient..annoyed

I miss playing ball with you

I miss your endless bounds of energy and excitement when we caved and did play ball

i miss your impatient whines when we did not throw the ball fast enough

i miss the thump thump of your running

i miss nuzzling your nose with mine

I miss the feeling of your soft fur

I miss tackling you to trim your paws.

i miss the hair all over the bathroom, the couch and my clothes

I miss coming home to you every night

i miss the way you would paw my leg to get my attention

I miss the way you would snuggle up to me on the couch.

But mostly… I miss you.

You died of a broken heart. and now i am left with a broken heart

You got me at number one, the leaking would not stop. I am so sorry for your loss.

Words alone can not tell how much a dog effects our lives. There is so much "gone" when they leave.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece
of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." Erica Jong

I love that quote! It's so true. Humans think we are the superior species, but I think not.

Super Princess, your poem is beautiful and heartfelt. It's so cathartic to get feelings out like this, thank you so much for sharing it with us! Must go get a tissue now...

Super Princess I loved your poem and I am sorry you lost Oliver. I don't think you ever recover from a broken heart but it does get easier.

You've captured everything about our why our beautiful companions are so special to us. Oliver has left you with a broken heart, but his memory will be there always.

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful beautiful dog. Thank you for sharing that, I am touched and my heart breaks with you.

Thankyou so much for all your replies..Im sorry, I forgot to come back and check..and havnt been on since i posted it.
Im glad it was able to touch some people.. This is the best group of people for understanding the loss we feel. i honestly can not read it out loud without breaking down. It expesses everything. all those little things..that were always taken advantage of.
haha..anyone who came over to our house we warned not to throw his ball...he woudlnt stop..hed go after that ball for hours up on hours...
I still have it kicking around my house..i wont let it go...i also brought his bed over to my apartment..just because *I* didnt want to let it go..never dreaming my two cats would take it it instantly. hehe.

Last weekened i went through my computer and found some pictures i forgot i had..finally got some developed...in a digital world i find myself on fb or my iphone looking at pictures more ..and didnt relize i didnt even have a hard copy around. got a bunch developed.

Time dose make it easier...he spent the last few months living at grandmas where he was able to get aroundt the clock care and a nice back yard to be in. I was there doing laundry lastnight..as they were outa town. it just felt so weird that he wasnt lying on the floor giving me those .. EYES! haha

thankyou all again, this board has been so good to me throughout the years.
when i lost ollie..i went back and re read all my posts i made on here.
it was so interesting seeing ..the good times..the funny times..and even read some of hte posts i made here while i was overseas on the biggest adventure to date..missing my boy haha.
there were stories i forgot about and picutres people here asked me to take..that i found posted elsewhere online.ment the world to have :D

I'm so sorry. Your words are so moving and any of us who have experienced loss will know your pain.xxx

Back