• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brian's Pharmacy

Brian M

Hi

I have never like running short of things so this is part of my supplies for the girls .I think in the photo there must be about 30 plus tubes of toothpaste mainly Logic gel and 20 boxes of Logic chews and 3 large Petzlife gel and 4 large spray containers and loads of other stuff just in case of a nuclear war or we get snowed in .There's Neem chews and spray and canikur tablets and Dorwest stuff and all sorts of supplements and stuff for their ears and eyes and face and bums and burns and stings and anti sickness and creams and lotions and homeopathic items etc .On the top shelf under the collars which we don't use are my Tammi and Ami my two beautiful white cats I lost and one day I will put them to rest side by side in the garden but for now they are happy where they are ,I hope .

5797293369_72cfa3d007_b.jpg

Holy Moley...... Brian you don't have an obsessive compulsive disorder do you!!! so tell me Holly has a sore wee wee it's a bit red and she keeps licking it what do you recommend I put on it? I'm jealous you have neem chews and I can't get them anywhere in Australia.

Brian... I am serious..

If I get to come back in second life as a dog... I want to by YOUR dog. LOL! This is unreal!

HAHAHA!!! That is hilarious. Good man being willing to show us your obsession.

And Brian, I don't think you have to worry about running out of anything. Well cared for, that is for sure.

Hello Deb

Thats only part of my stock there are two other stashes elsewhere .;) As far as I know I don't think I am suffering from any "Obsessive compulsive disorders " but almost five years ago I became aware that I did have a very big problem with C.A.S. which I am finding is very draining on me ,and to my knowledge there is no known cure .

Sorry to hear that! And also sorry for my poor sense of humor. It's must be the the Pom coming out in me. Maybe I need to take a step back.

Hi Deb

Dont be daft I am only pulling your leg .C.A.S stands for "Cavalier Adoration Sydrone" and the drain is on my wallet .:eek:Are you still speaking to me .:):):) And there is no known cure for C.A.S.

PS and the five years is cos I have had our Pops for almost 5 years.

Hi Deb

"Gotcha" ,you have a good sense of humour .:) I always record and watch all the Super 15 matches and last night I watched the Queensland Reds get beaten by The Brumbies 14-22 in Brisbane ,it looks a lovely part of the world . Have a lovely evening and or day .

Bestest Wishes

Bri:D

You two just got me laughing!

And Brian...whoa what a pharmacy! You should open a side shop to get some extra income for your C.A.S. :fool:

On a more practical note -- a lot of these things have expiration dates -- I cannot imagine getting through some of those supplies even with several dogs, within the time that they would remain fresh and within their 'use by' date... it might make more sense to get just a couple of things at a time. :)

I would also consider working with a proper pet nutritionist if you are heavily supplementing. There are all sorts of adverse health issues that can arise from overdosing on minerals and vitamins and some can be quite dangerous in high doses. The internet is not generally a good place to get advice on supplements if you wish to add more than very basic things at low doses. If their food already is a complete and balanced diet, upping some things can be detrimental to short and longterm health. Dogs need different diets than humans. Especially for dogs taking medications, supplementing can be risky f not done with a full understanding of what may conflict with what.

I'd really suggest getting a good book like Monica Segal's who is a professional animal nutritionist -- she is excellent on these issues and her newsletters and discussion board are good *reliable* sources of information of animal nutrition.

www.monicasegal.com

Along with Monica Segal's book K9 Kitchen (in its second edition for raw and cooked diets for dogs) this also has been well reviewed:

Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs: The Definitive Guide to Homemade Meals by Lew Olsen

Anyone feeding home diets and supplementing really needs to be working to some guidelines on proper nutrition. (y)

Monica Segal also does a pamphlet specifically on cavaliers (which she owns).

Hello Karlin

Thanks for your input and advice .I have found the monicasegal excellent website and am ultra careful on expiry dates and bin anything that is near its expiry date ,Logic Gel for example has an expiry date of 2014 on my last batch which I found at a good price and then also on a 3 for 2 offer so I ordered 14 and received 21 and the same with the chews .With regard to supplements I read and noted Pats wise advice and also check all on multiple sites and confer with my Vets before giving , so I do my utmost to ensure the health and safety of the girls .As I purchase virtually all of my stuff via the web I do often over order to take advantage of any BOGOF /Price offers like Puritans and others seem to regularly have and hate running out of anything I should not have .:)And thanks for the book tip have just ordered both though being only a simple man I am not much of a cook :( .

Brian, I've had CAS for a little over a year now myself. It actually makes me a bit giddy.

But, I wanted to say, if you are watching your expy dates, and if you take supplements, I bet you can use some of them also. And of course there is the rescue groups out there if you find that you aren't using enough of some of the things shown, like the different dental stuff, etc.

Back