• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Suddenly Bitey

SophieLightyear

Benji has suddenly got awfully bitey, but it only seems to be towards me. The other night we were playing and he bit my arm, actually breaking the skin and drawing a bit of blood. The the following day he tried to bite me again when he was lying on my lap and i was just stroking him.
I don't know why he's had a sudden change in behaviour. He never used to bite but over the past few days he's bit me numerous times.

As both times you mention you were either playing with him or stroking him, I wonder if he is sore anywhere?

Benji has suddenly got awfully bitey, but it only seems to be towards me. The other night we were playing and he bit my arm, actually breaking the skin and drawing a bit of blood. The the following day he tried to bite me again when he was lying on my lap and i was just stroking him.
I don't know why he's had a sudden change in behaviour. He never used to bite but over the past few days he's bit me numerous times.

I am sorry that yet again today I feel the need to raise this with the owner of a young dog, but my advice to you would be to talk to your vet about the possibility of SM.

There is no way that a cavalier, of all dogs, should be displaying this level of aggression to his owner.
What you are describing is a situation that cannot continue, there is something seriously wrong for your little dog to be doing this and it needs to be investigated.

In earlier posts you have written about Benji yelping and scratching his head and later about him limping. There can be many reasons for these symptoms but they can also be signs of SM.

There is a study that has linked aggression with pain and I think in view of the various problems you have described you need to have a thorough check done on your little dog as soon as you possibly can.

Back