• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

neutering

Marta Orzel

hello got a question.ive got a 19 months old boy and i made an appointment for his castration on 5th july.want to know if his coat gonna change?will grow longer?or will become moulty?ty for answers

We had Pippin (B&T) neutered at 18months old and his coat became a little thicker and a little wavier - it already had a bit of a wave in it. Nothing too unmanageable though.

My previous tricolour boys coat did not change at all. And my mothers black and tan boys coat did not change either. However he had always had a very fluffy coat and the black and tan always had a harder, more wirey coat. :)

Blenheim Aled (who is 4 today!:hppybdy:) was neutered at 18 months while he was in rescue. He came to me with a dreadful coat - huge, long, straggly and cottony - but I think this was mostly due to neglect and bad feeding, rather than neutering. Lots of fish oil and raw eggs later, it is much improved, though still grows quite long in some places (shoulders and flanks mostly) and gets like cotton, so I do trim it a little bit, back to the length of the rest of it. The cottony (as opposed to silky) growth does seem to be due to neutering; some Cavaliers seem to get it worse than others.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

ty wery much for yours answers.will look forward to give hom oil and eggs.and what about scratching do i need to put him a elizabeth collar?is yours dogs try to bite stiches?

Back