Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default coat

hello ive got 19 months old boy.and i am a little worry that he become from bad breed.his coat its look to be short than others cavaliers in his age or maby its still will grow?ty for answers.
    Last edited by Marta Orzel; 5th June 2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: put photos

Post Thanks / Like

Like humans - some of whom have thin hair, some have thick hair, some have hair that needs cutting every 4 weeks, others have trouble growing it long - Cavalier coats can vary. Of course, the ones you see in the show ring and on calendars have lovely long silky coats (otherwise they wouldn't get shown) but my ruby Oliver has never had a long coat. He comes from good show stock and did moderately well at show himself in his younger days (he's now 10), but apart from his ears and front feathers his coat is relatively short and quite dense - you can see a photo of him on all my posts. And some dogs just take longer to come into full coat. So not having a long coat doesn't mean your boy is badly bred - just that he's doing his own thing in his own time!

I couldn't see your photos - there's instructions at the top of the page for putting photos on here, and we all love seeing each other's dogs, so look forward to seeing your boy!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thank you for answer it cheer me up.
    i would love to post fotos but i am new in here and dont know how to do it yet.if u could help me i will be greitfull

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/entry.php?196-coat
    here i manage to put some photos on

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

He looks a lovely boy so pls don't worry .I don't know of any health issues that can be associated with a thin or thick ,short or long coat so pls enjoy your boy as he is and his coat will develop to what it will be.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ruby which is two years old, he is also very short hair when I compared him with my other nine, but then he's much easier to trim

Post Thanks / Like

marta your pup looks just perfect. I have only had one cav, so far from an expert but like it was said earlier, some have shorter hair, some thick, some thin, some curly and some straight. It looks to me he is just starting to fill out a bit. you can see he does have "fluff" I think he will look great. it seemed to take my dog a long time before her coat was complete. my dog has 3 kinds of hair on her. each section looks like it should be on a different dog not just one. her ass end is completely fuzzy. I call her a fuzz butt. the entire thing, friz. then on her back close to her rear her hair has a huge cowlick thing, very odd short hair that grows in a flat circle. the rest of her coat is combo of all of above. she gets so many mats sometime I wish she had short, short hair all over. your dog is awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thank u all for so nice replays.i was worru becouse my friend had cavalers for ages and she said he can be from bad breed which i was worry.ive got his pedigree and all papers but i bought him in a dog shop so my other worry is that he can be from a puppy farm and there is no possibility to see his parents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Marta

You enjoy him now as he is now and if anything develops in the future ,god forebid ,then you decide what to do and off course probably nothing will happen so just enjoy each others company and don't worry about tomorrow as nothing may ever happen .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Marta, my Claire has a scrappy coat also. But she is a tiny thing, and it looks fine on her. As my vet reminded me, Claire isn't the least bit worried about her coat.

On a different note, you mentioned concerns because you got your pup from a pet store. It would be my suggestion that you look into Pet Insurance as Cavaliers can have many costly issues. Many of us here have Pet Insurance.

Best wishes for your dog!
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010