• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone ever have a dog with stud tail?

mommytoClaire

While at the Vet for Claires annual, I asked her about the disappearing hair on Claires tail. Just the top, about 1/4 inch wide, nearly down to the tip.

She said that its related to a gland at the top of the tail, and it's mainly seen in males, hence the popular name 'stud tail'.

Okay, so I'll admit it, it doesn't bother Claire in the least. But, it does me a tiny bit. I guess I'd just like to see if there is any way of stimulating hair growth. I've read that the gland gets clogged and creates the hair loss.

Any of you familiar with this? Able to overcome? I'm not over impressed with her coat in general, and she has very short hair on her neck. The Vet said this just might be Claire.

Back