• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet insurance UK

Hi

Yes ,that is life cover but premium may go up but they will not refuse you or limit you .

Hello murphy's mum :)

Axa does sound good. I guess £7000 a year cover would take care of most things. If your animal had an on going problem ( I dont mean pre existing when you take the policy out) would they keep covering it year in year out ? Just wondering

Yes, as long as you renew your policy every year the same illness is covered for life up to £7000 a year.

this thread is answering a lot of my questions. I have used Pet Plan for years. For Barney at nine with a bit of a claim history I wouldn't dream of changing his insurance. Cassie however is a different matter. She is only one and I have never claimed on her policy and fortunately she has not been to the vet through illness. Pet Plan for her is about £25 a month. Her cover is, £4000 a year covered for life policy, plus the other benefits pet plan offer. AXA is around £11 for £7000 a year and more extra benefits than Pet Plan including being able to claim her purchase price if (god forbid) I loose her before the age of eight. The figures speak for themselves. I think Pet Plan is convenient as they deal with the vets directly, not sure if AXA do the same so I am going to call this afternoon to find out...

and AXA cover prescription diets for specific illnesses, when Barney came home after a nasty tummy bug the food cost me a fortune!!

Oooh Axa it is then. How come my quote is £14 when others are saying £11 or £12 though icon_nwunsure

Hi

When I had my three rescue cats Ben ,Ami and Tammi they were all insured with AXA ,I lost Ben (11 ) then Tammi (16 ) and lastly my little Ami (18 ) ,I had them cremated and returned to me each in a little wooden casket and AXA paid out £100 each for them .
Tammi

2214572063_65fba169b6.jpg

Ami

2214569361_94997f2013.jpg

Cannot find any photos of my Ginger Ben.

you're right Brian, it says about that in the policy...You do seem to get better cover for a third of the cost. I have taken a leap of faith and taken it out for Cassie, I checked her Pet Plan policy and it was £25.89 a month with a £90 excess for £4000 a year unlimited claims per condition over life and now I have the peace of mind of £7000 for £11.19 a month with a £75 excess. I hope it's as good as it seems, I have been using Pet Plan for 17 years!! Never had a problem with them ...

Teresa, I have just checked my 13 month year old Ollie`s policy with Petplan, he is still in his first year of policy until July, and I pay £22.40 this is with a small discount for 2 dogs, plus a small donation per month to some animal organisation, cover for life of £4000 and £75.00 excess, as you say Petplan are good and have been very good with my older dog, I seriously may think about changing in July for Ollie.

Jasperpaw - the premiums seem to vary from pup to pup or dog to dog...very strange. The full things covered are on the AXA pet insurance page on the web...I can't find anything I'm not happy with..I am changing Cassie now even though her policy renewed in March. I have checked and can cancel anytime. I just thought that if anything happened before renewall I would be tied to Pet plan. Thankfully Cassie has just been to the vets for her booster and all is well...So I thought change now if I am going to do it.
I hope I am making the right decision!!

P.S £25.89 was with a second pet discount!! Barney's is now over £35 a month and a £100 excess so it all does creap up over the years. I have claimed quite a few times for Barney so I would never have a dog without insurance!! Now he is on two regular meds after paying the excess on the claim we are getting back about £44 a month in payments. Definately worth it!!

Hi Teresa, I have now checked my 11 year old policy been with Petplan since a pup, he has £6000 cover for life excess of £105 plus now I have to pay 20% of each claim but like you I have on going claims for the past two years and Jasper became ill at 9 years old when I feel his premium would have gone up a lot anyway, we pay £41.05 per month for him. How old is Cassie, it`s very interesting how it seems to vary from dog to dog.:-?

I just checked my D.D's and Murphy is £11.09 and Misty's is £10.16. They are both 5 years old, and we've claimed against Misty, but not Murphy, so I thought her's would have been higher.

Blueroses it may be higher beacuse she is a puppy. I know when we got our Ragdoll kitten her's was higher until we got her chipped and spayed. I contacted AXA and it went down a pound or so:)

Barney is just nine, I expect on renewal we will have to pay an excess and 20% towards treatment...Still worth it for him. He has £4000 cover, excess £110 at the moment. For £32.50 a month not £35...

Cassie is 16 months, chipped but not spayed. Hers is £25.82 a month with PP and the same cover level and a £90 excess per condition...

Maybe boys and girls are different price levels too???

I'd be interested to hear what AXA premiums and excesses are for older dogs???

I just checked my D.D's and Murphy is £11.09 and Misty's is £10.16. They are both 5 years old, and we've claimed against Misty, but not Murphy, so I thought her's would have been higher.

Blueroses it may be higher beacuse she is a puppy. I know when we got our Ragdoll kitten her's was higher until we got her chipped and spayed. I contacted AXA and it went down a pound or so:)

Thank you. Yes I think this must be the case. puppies get up to all sorts and probably they get a lot of claims for things being swallowed etc etc . Anyway I have emailed them and asked the reason, and also asked if the premiums would go down after a year of no claims or whatever. I am still going to use them. They seem the best Ive researched. Thanks Brian ( and others )for the recommendation!

Hi

As I said in a previous post Daisy who was 3 was cheaper than Lily who is 2 .:confused: All they said when I asked was that they pay out more on 2 yr old Cavaliers than they do on 3 yr old Cavaliers .

Hi

As I said in a previous post Daisy who was 3 was cheaper than Lily who is 2 .:confused: All they said when I asked was that they pay out more on 2 yr old Cavaliers than they do on 3 yr old Cavaliers .

Yep, quite right, you did Brian :thnx:

Back