• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan has a burst abscess in his anal gland.

Thanks Nicki,

I'll mix it in an egg cup. I can imagine it flying every where otherwise or Leo having it stuck in his ears:-D

hope hes feeling better . ruby had an abcess ,i only found out wen i went to pick her up for a hug and she screamed ..it burst soon after and the vet gave her antibiotics and advised me to have them emptied every couple months ..had her done a couple times since at min cost instead of full consultation ..the other day i phoned the vets and asked if i could bring her ,as i was going anyway for frontline and worming stuff.. they said would cost full consultation price . i said i would have to leave it for a week or so then ( shes not showing any discomfort).. when i got there i spent 60 pounds on frontline etc ( for cat as well) and queried why i couldnt have her done at minimum charge(10 pounds) as i was spending so much ..didnt really get an answer , the vet wasnt there at the time im sure she would have said pop her in .. is this normal ? how much do groomers charge? i would have to be sure someone was fully compertent before letting them do rubys glands which wa swhy i stuck with the vet .. would love to learn how to do it myself . am going tesco soon so will look for oat bran . ruby is on burns and i think its helped a lot .

Oh poor thing is now struggling to reach his own bottom to lick it with scoliosis and a syrinx the whole length of his back.
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png

Pauline,
Dont know if this helps but when Leo's abcess burst I used to put him in the bath and douche his rear end with the shower, on a warm gentle setting.

That really helped. Hope he feels better soon:xfngr:

Thanks Mel. I put him in a luke warm shallow bath with salt in it then mad eup a cup of saline and washed him bum, he feels better then.

Back