Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Dogs favorite toy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Dogs favorite toy?

So as we are preparing to bring Toby home, we bought him a toy box to keep all of his toys nice and neat. Can you tell I am a neat freak LOL So as I was looking at the assorted toys we bought, I wondered which one will be his favorite. My mom buys her Collie a new toy it seems every few weeks but he truly loves all of his toys. He plays with each one in the toy box. He will bring each one out until he finds the perfect one for the afternoon. In Toby's toy box we have squeaky balls, Stuffed toys (some with rope pulls and some skinny and long) and kongs (puppy ones). Our Pekingese favorite toy was a plastic hot dog. We bought several over the years just so they stayed new LOL
    So what type of toy is your dogs favorite? Plastic? stuffed? ropes? kongs? frisbee? does the toy resemble an animal or food?

Becky
    Last edited by gamefanz; 12th June 2011 at 02:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is easy..The tennis ball...Pure and simple.

Post Thanks / Like

My youngest Ollie`s favourite toy at the moment is a plastic pig that oinks when he sqeezes it, he is now on his second one, and I also bought another when I saw them again so he has one spare, he tends to run off and get this when he does`nt get his own way and he really shakes it like mad, it`s so funny to see. Ollie also likes rope tuggies, nylabone and he has a Fox that he managed to chew through within a couple of days so was banised to the cupboard but has recently returned to him as he does`nt chew so much now. My older cavalier Jasper who is now 11 yrs old does`nt really worry about toys now, but when he was younger he used to love to chew the ends of noses off his plastic toys. When you bring Toby home I am sure he will end up chewing the toy box just like mine do and half the toys will end up all over the floor.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 13 and Ollie age 3.

Post Thanks / Like

At least those are easy to find

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by robbieswan View Post
    Mine is easy..The tennis ball...Pure and simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Awwwww thats cute! They seem like such characters LOL We tried squeaking a pig but we thought better of it as it would get on my nerves after awhile

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by jasperpaw View Post
    My youngest Ollie`s favourite toy at the moment is a plastic pig that oinks when he sqeezes it, he is now on his second one, and I also bought another when I saw them again so he has one spare, he tends to run off and get this when he does`nt get his own way and he really shakes it like mad, it`s so funny to see. Ollie also likes rope tuggies, nylabone and he has a Fox that he managed to chew through within a couple of days so was banised to the cupboard but has recently returned to him as he does`nt chew so much now. My older cavalier Jasper who is now 11 yrs old does`nt really worry about toys now, but when he was younger he used to love to chew the ends of noses off his plastic toys. When you bring Toby home I am sure he will end up chewing the toy box just like mine do and half the toys will end up all over the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

For Misty it is a Tennis ball, she is a little over obsessed with them, so they don't get left out.

Murphy loves his knotted Raggers, his little Rat squashy and his Nylabone. He used to have a teddy when he was a puppy, he loved it. He had it for a year or so, but in the end it was beyond repair.

They both like plastic bottles too, but of course they are a short supervised play item
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

ok so I guess I need to get some tennis ball to add to the pile as it seems they are popular LOL I might try a bottle for a few minutes to see what he does with it. The teddy bear idea is so cute! I could see Toby snuggling with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gamefanz View Post
    The teddy bear idea is so cute! I could see Toby snuggling with it.
    It was very cute, it was the same size as him to start off with but he fell asleep with it all the time, then he started to sleep with us and he'd carry it to bed with us

Of course when he got a little older his affection for it became a little rougher....
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine likea her rope and also loves her stuffed elephant
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gamefanz View Post
    So as we are preparing to bring Toby home, we bought him a toy box to keep all of his toys nice and neat. Can you tell I am a neat freak LOL So as I was looking at the assorted toys we bought, I wondered which one will be his favorite. My mom buys her Collie a new toy it seems every few weeks but he truly loves all of his toys. He plays with each one in the toy box. He will bring each one out until he finds the perfect one for the afternoon. In Toby's toy box we have squeaky balls, Stuffed toys (some with rope pulls and some skinny and long) and kongs (puppy ones). Our Pekingese favorite toy was a plastic hot dog. We bought several over the years just so they stayed new LOL
    So what type of toy is your dogs favorite? Plastic? stuffed? ropes? kongs? frisbee? does the toy resemble an animal or food?

Becky
    These http://www.bestfriendsstore.com/NEW-...eddy-Bear.html

Except the really small ones from Petco, Luka is ADDICTED to them. They are slowly destroyed and every with missing limbs and head they are still his favourite.

You're in Seattle, Smoking Pete's on 65th in the Ballard area has smoked bones, we get those once in a while and the dogs go batty for them.

Our dogs also have a stuffed bulldog named suzie from Ikea, which they take turns molesting or attacking, sometimes both. She is as big as they are so I carry her around and make them jealous by petting her.

And of course tennis balls, especially the smaller ones!