• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Your Dogs favorite toy?

gamefanz

So as we are preparing to bring Toby home, we bought him a toy box to keep all of his toys nice and neat. Can you tell I am a neat freak LOL So as I was looking at the assorted toys we bought, I wondered which one will be his favorite. My mom buys her Collie a new toy it seems every few weeks but he truly loves all of his toys. He plays with each one in the toy box. He will bring each one out until he finds the perfect one for the afternoon. In Toby's toy box we have squeaky balls, Stuffed toys (some with rope pulls and some skinny and long) and kongs (puppy ones). Our Pekingese favorite toy was a plastic hot dog. We bought several over the years just so they stayed new LOL
So what type of toy is your dogs favorite? Plastic? stuffed? ropes? kongs? frisbee? does the toy resemble an animal or food?

Becky

Last edited:
My youngest Ollie`s favourite toy at the moment is a plastic pig that oinks when he sqeezes it, he is now on his second one, and I also bought another when I saw them again so he has one spare, he tends to run off and get this when he does`nt get his own way and he really shakes it like mad, it`s so funny to see. Ollie also likes rope tuggies, nylabone and he has a Fox that he managed to chew through within a couple of days so was banised to the cupboard but has recently returned to him as he does`nt chew so much now. My older cavalier Jasper who is now 11 yrs old does`nt really worry about toys now, but when he was younger he used to love to chew the ends of noses off his plastic toys. When you bring Toby home I am sure he will end up chewing the toy box just like mine do and half the toys will end up all over the floor.:)

Awwwww thats cute! They seem like such characters LOL We tried squeaking a pig but we thought better of it as it would get on my nerves after awhile:eek:

Becky

My youngest Ollie`s favourite toy at the moment is a plastic pig that oinks when he sqeezes it, he is now on his second one, and I also bought another when I saw them again so he has one spare, he tends to run off and get this when he does`nt get his own way and he really shakes it like mad, it`s so funny to see. Ollie also likes rope tuggies, nylabone and he has a Fox that he managed to chew through within a couple of days so was banised to the cupboard but has recently returned to him as he does`nt chew so much now. My older cavalier Jasper who is now 11 yrs old does`nt really worry about toys now, but when he was younger he used to love to chew the ends of noses off his plastic toys. When you bring Toby home I am sure he will end up chewing the toy box just like mine do and half the toys will end up all over the floor.:)

For Misty it is a Tennis ball, she is a little over obsessed with them, so they don't get left out.

Murphy loves his knotted Raggers, his little Rat squashy and his Nylabone. He used to have a teddy when he was a puppy, he loved it. He had it for a year or so, but in the end it was beyond repair.

They both like plastic bottles too, but of course they are a short supervised play item :)

ok so I guess I need to get some tennis ball to add to the pile as it seems they are popular LOL I might try a bottle for a few minutes to see what he does with it. The teddy bear idea is so cute! I could see Toby snuggling with it.

The teddy bear idea is so cute! I could see Toby snuggling with it.

It was very cute, it was the same size as him to start off with but he fell asleep with it all the time, then he started to sleep with us and he'd carry it to bed with us :luv:

Of course when he got a little older his affection for it became a little rougher....

So as we are preparing to bring Toby home, we bought him a toy box to keep all of his toys nice and neat. Can you tell I am a neat freak LOL So as I was looking at the assorted toys we bought, I wondered which one will be his favorite. My mom buys her Collie a new toy it seems every few weeks but he truly loves all of his toys. He plays with each one in the toy box. He will bring each one out until he finds the perfect one for the afternoon. In Toby's toy box we have squeaky balls, Stuffed toys (some with rope pulls and some skinny and long) and kongs (puppy ones). Our Pekingese favorite toy was a plastic hot dog. We bought several over the years just so they stayed new LOL
So what type of toy is your dogs favorite? Plastic? stuffed? ropes? kongs? frisbee? does the toy resemble an animal or food?

Becky

These http://www.bestfriendsstore.com/NEW-ITEMS/Kong-Plush-Teddy-Bear.html

Except the really small ones from Petco, Luka is ADDICTED to them. They are slowly destroyed and every with missing limbs and head they are still his favourite.

You're in Seattle, Smoking Pete's on 65th in the Ballard area has smoked bones, we get those once in a while and the dogs go batty for them.

Our dogs also have a stuffed bulldog named suzie from Ikea, which they take turns molesting or attacking, sometimes both. She is as big as they are so I carry her around and make them jealous by petting her.

And of course tennis balls, especially the smaller ones!

Jasper loves his soft toy fish and Holly loves her soft toy Flea. There's a photo of her on here with it in the photo section. They do have a toy box and always go in it to get something out to play with which I think is so cute.

Ok I will have to find that at Petco. It would be cute to get a photo of him with it LOL We are located in the south sound so no Smoking Petes for him, I don't see anyone on this group that lives down here.

Becky

These http://www.bestfriendsstore.com/NEW-ITEMS/Kong-Plush-Teddy-Bear.html

Except the really small ones from Petco, Luka is ADDICTED to them. They are slowly destroyed and every with missing limbs and head they are still his favourite.

You're in Seattle, Smoking Pete's on 65th in the Ballard area has smoked bones, we get those once in a while and the dogs go batty for them.

Our dogs also have a stuffed bulldog named suzie from Ikea, which they take turns molesting or attacking, sometimes both. She is as big as they are so I carry her around and make them jealous by petting her.

And of course tennis balls, especially the smaller ones!

Every kids gotta have a toy box LOL
I will have to check out the photo.
Becky

Jasper loves his soft toy fish and Holly loves her soft toy Flea. There's a photo of her on here with it in the photo section. They do have a toy box and always go in it to get something out to play with which I think is so cute.

I started off hunting down the rare and expensive adorable organic toys, but Nalu is as picky with toys as she is with food and didn't care for anything in her growing pile of assorted shapes, sizes, sounds and textures taking over the house. Then for Christmas she got this really ugly polyester fuzzy skunk with a flat square checkered body stuffed with little squeakers. She was terrified at first but now it's the only toy she'll play with. I move it quickly around me and she chases and growls after it.

Benji has a lot of toys... or at least had he's very good at wrecking and breaking his toys (mainly hard noses on teddys and stuff like that). However i think his all time favourite is the squeaky hedgehogs that my nan gave him. They send him mental and he loves to chase after them, especially if you get them to squeak when you throw them.

Rose loves the wiffle balls, her stuffed black and tan dog, her stuffed red fox, and a 3 foot long stuffed boxer dog. However, she was starting to "love" on Frank the boxer (he has so many stitches after 2 dogs, it's short for "Frankenstien", lol) entirely too much, so in the name of stopping a bad habit before it got started, she had to give him up.

Haven't looked at this thread before since neither of my two are the slightest bit interested in toys, so felt I couldn't contribute (though they enjoy retrieving them during training sessions). However, noticing Becky's reference to a toy box, one of Oliver's favourite activities is putting things back in 'boxes'. My kitchen is tiny, so if I'm cooking, the plastic washing up bowl usually ends up on the floor, and Oliver will gently and silently remove any plastic container he thinks might be interesting and take it out to the hallway to investigate and do his own washing up on it. But he will also, when told, bring it back to the kitchen and drop it back into the washing up bowl - and is SO pleased with himself. So if your dog takes toys from a box, teach him/her to return them as well!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Good Idea! (y)

Becky

Rose loves the wiffle balls, her stuffed black and tan dog, her stuffed red fox, and a 3 foot long stuffed boxer dog. However, she was starting to "love" on Frank the boxer (he has so many stitches after 2 dogs, it's short for "Frankenstien", lol) entirely too much, so in the name of stopping a bad habit before it got started, she had to give him up.

I hope I can teach him to put the toys back. That would be pretty cool!

Becky

Haven't looked at this thread before since neither of my two are the slightest bit interested in toys, so felt I couldn't contribute (though they enjoy retrieving them during training sessions). However, noticing Becky's reference to a toy box, one of Oliver's favourite activities is putting things back in 'boxes'. My kitchen is tiny, so if I'm cooking, the plastic washing up bowl usually ends up on the floor, and Oliver will gently and silently remove any plastic container he thinks might be interesting and take it out to the hallway to investigate and do his own washing up on it. But he will also, when told, bring it back to the kitchen and drop it back into the washing up bowl - and is SO pleased with himself. So if your dog takes toys from a box, teach him/her to return them as well!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back