• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lennon having what seems to be a fit :S

NeimaLennon

Hi Guys,

Its has been a while since I made a post on cav talk been rather busy with uni etc. Anyway a few months ago Lennon had a strange little episode in where he screeched in distress and seemed to be choking. This was while he was sleeping...he had been snorting a lot more and we thought his soft palate problem was getting worse. He had X rays etc and all seemed fine they gave him different antibiotics and it seemed to work.

This morning fright of my life! just doesn't cut it woken at 8am to a massive screech from lennon he was shakin then his body rigid chokin noises and eyes funny lookin didn't know what to do just stroked him said his name gently told him he was ok and mummy was here kissed him and held him till he calmed down! His tongue looked a little blue! I'm terrified he had a fit that's what it seems like! I was to scared to go back to sleep!! This was once again happening from him being asleep. He usually likes a play after dinner and he is a lively little loveable chap however he seems tired..Kevin says he is always like that haha but I think a mummy knows when her boy isn't right.

We were going to take him & Neima for their Sunday walk to the woods but we have decided to wait to see how Lennon is doing a little later!

Going to take him to the vet tomorrow...just wondered if this sort of thing is recognised from any other members with their cavs?? This is the second time I have noticed this and always happens while he is sleeping. His heart sounds good according to vets...he was over weight and he has lost a considerable amount although he is still a little like a seal pup. Doesn't seem to be shifting the last amount of weight even though he is on obesity food veggies as snacks and exercise and play regularly.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Theresa, Neima & Lennon

So sorry to hear this - with the blue tongue that could possibly suggest heart involvement - perhaps an arrhythmia episode?

Write down exactly what happened to take in to your vet, and what the dog was doing when it happened. I think it is significant it's been when he's asleep. that rules out Episodic Falling.

Obviously a seizure of some kind is also a possibility, but it is unusual for them to scream with that - one of my concerns is that this could be a Syringomyelia pain episode?

Have a look at http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/

Please keep us posted, we do hope it is nothing serious

Thanks Nikki,

I shall write down everything that happened now as Daddy shall be taking him down tomorrow as I am at work. I will keep you all posted....

Theresa, Neima & Lennon

Hi Guys,

Its has been a while since I made a post on cav talk been rather busy with uni etc. Anyway a few months ago Lennon had a strange little episode in where he screeched in distress and seemed to be choking. This was while he was sleeping...he had been snorting a lot more and we thought his soft palate problem was getting worse. He had X rays etc and all seemed fine they gave him different antibiotics and it seemed to work.

This morning fright of my life! just doesn't cut it woken at 8am to a massive screech from lennon he was shakin then his body rigid chokin noises and eyes funny lookin didn't know what to do just stroked him said his name gently told him he was ok and mummy was here kissed him and held him till he calmed down! His tongue looked a little blue! I'm terrified he had a fit that's what it seems like! I was to scared to go back to sleep!! This was once again happening from him being asleep. He usually likes a play after dinner and he is a lively little loveable chap however he seems tired..Kevin says he is always like that haha but I think a mummy knows when her boy isn't right.

We were going to take him & Neima for their Sunday walk to the woods but we have decided to wait to see how Lennon is doing a little later!

Going to take him to the vet tomorrow...just wondered if this sort of thing is recognised from any other members with their cavs?? This is the second time I have noticed this and always happens while he is sleeping. His heart sounds good according to vets...he was over weight and he has lost a considerable amount although he is still a little like a seal pup. Doesn't seem to be shifting the last amount of weight even though he is on obesity food veggies as snacks and exercise and play regularly.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Theresa, Neima & Lennon

Sounds like a seizure to me.

Clancy's seizures always happen during his sleep like that. He doesn't vocalize anymore, but he used to in the beginning.

What has Clancy been diagnosed with Denise?
Epilepsy. He was diagnosed at 3, but his seizures were infrequent for the first 3 years. We put him on meds at the age of 6 when he began having clusters. He is 7 1/2 now. With medication, he has about one grand mal a month. We just started seeing a neurologist this year, who is tweaking his drugs to try and get the frequency down. He currently takes 500 mg potassium bromide daily and 125 mg zonisamide twice a day.

Awwww... sure hope Lennon is okay...

I have two friends with Cavs and French bulldogs who have epilepsy. Most are doing very well on meds.

Back