• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rabbit

Brian M

Hi
I have posted previously about feeding Rabbit to the girls and bought two from our local market which were just skinned and
gutted ,I fed one but was not happy about the bone size pieces so I ended up not using the second one .

Somebody has posted the site below on a yahoo groups forum and it looks exactly what I am after so have ordered some rabbit
and chicken with bone as they mince it or chop it and specify the maximum size pieces of bone .Anybody evere used them .?

http://www.woldsway.co.uk/acatalog/Pet_Meat.html

Last edited:
Hi
I have posted previously about feeding Rabbit to the girls and bought two from our local market which were just skinned and
gutted ,I fed one but was not happy about the bone size pieces so I ended up not using the second one .

Somebody has posted the site below on a yahoo groups forum and it looks exactly what I am after so have ordered some rabbit
and chicken with bone as they mince it or chop it and specify the maximum size pieces of bone .Anybody evere used them .?

http://www.woldsway.co.uk/acatalog/Pet_Meat.html

I've never thought of rabbit, do yo make your own dog food?

There is an adjustment for my kitchen aid so I can add a grinder to it. I won't how well that would work with bones.

Gracie LOVES raw rabbit

We use something like what you are recommending ... but available in the USA. Hope it works out for you!

Mine absolutely love rabbit, it's their favourite. I'm lucky as normally I get rabbits which have been freshly shot locally, and just have to dress them myself.

I either mince it [after having gutted it and removed head, feet and fur] or divide into portions, then break the bone every inch or so, leaving the flesh intact [rose pruners are good for this]. So they still get to tear at the flesh but don't swallow big pieces of bone.

This company look good but I have no experience with them - I would be inclined to go for Whole Wild Rabbit, minced, frozen - Wild rabbit, skinned and gutted, but including all the meat, liver, kidneys, heart, lungs & bones

This most closely resembles what they would eat in the wild.

Looks a good price - and the wild rabbit should have better welfare than battery farmed chickens...

An average adult rabbit usually gives around 1kg of meat and bone once dressed.

Hello

Thanks Nicki ,I have placed an order so will advise what I think of the quality and as you say the Wild rabbit with everything still there ,skinned and gutted
looks good, though I shall keep on with all my other bits and bobs.

I got a bit lax with their weight up to March and since then they are all on 30 gramme of meat max twice a day and their weight has fallen to .

Poppy 11.90 - 10.70 Kilos

Daisy 9.80 - 8.60

Rosie 10.80 - 9.20

Lily 8.70 - 7.50

They all go to the groomers on Sat and will probaly lose another kilo in fur especially Daisy and Rosie who both have heavy thick coats,as below.

Daisy

5830193158_d3f29f5d7c_b.jpg

Rosie with Daisy to the left and Luke to the back ,she is waitng for me to throw her ball.

5830181878_002f98ce4a_b.jpg

Hi Brian,I would love to try my two with rabbit but it's not easy to find here. My local butcher has them in his freezer $25 each which I thought was a bit expensive for a rabbit. I will have to see what else is available.

Back