• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Breeders that MRI dogs for SM

maneumann

Does anyone know of breeders (CA or SW region would be best) that scan their dogs for SM? Thanks!

Thanks. I've looked into the clubs, and spoken with many breeders and have yet to find anyone that MRIs. Hence the post. For such an important issue facing the breed (we have one dog with SM), it is very touchy subject to navigate. I've found that every breeder says "not my dogs." Also, I don't understand why it would be wrong to name breeders that MRI, they should be encouraged and applauded for their responsibility toward the well being of the breed!

Not listing breeders is a general forum rule (see the Getting Started section for more info). I would be delighted if a list of scanning breeders via a health registry where results would be noted -- much as OFA for hearts etc -- were to be created in the US. It hasn't happened yet.

But it isn't appropriate to discuss individuals; however people may PM you. :)

Offhand, I don't know of anyone scanning and using that information for a breeding programme on the west coast. It is likely that you will need to travel. Be sure to discuss results of scans and how a breeder is using the information they have received.

Back