• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tobias Alexander is HOME!

gamefanz

Well its been quite an interesting 24 hrs. We got a late start yesterday morning picking him up. The kennel we bought is so big that there was not enough room for it and our daughter to fit comfortable in the back so my husband made a bed from a cardboard box. He placed a pillow and blankets in it. We placed it on the floor board and it fit great! I think we all had the jitters on the way there. We didn't sleep much the night before so we were all tired!
As soon as we got there we were in a rush to the front door with video camera and camera in hand. We first went to see the puppies, there were only 3 left as the others were already gone. We took pics of Toby playing with his litter mates for the last time. Then we headed into the living room to sign papers and get instructions on AKC, Shot records, micro-chip info and look at all the things that she gave us in his puppy tote bag. She gave us all sorts of things, it was great! We have all of the health cert. copies of mom and dad and pedigrees. We had the generations broken down that she made. It was wonderful!
Then it was finally time to pick him up and take him home. It was a long goodbye. We took lots of video of us bringing him out and going out the door. We got lots of pics of us taking him out. Our breeder cried a lot as she loves each and every dog. She asked us to call as soon as we got home. We gave lots of hugs and told her she can call and email us at any time and we will do the same. I told her if she was ever in the area to come by. Then it was time to go.
We put him in the box and he sniffed then laid down and went to sleep. He slept the whole way home. Almost 4 hrs. Here is a picture of that:
dgj62h.jpg

Then as soon as we got home we took him to his new backyard to go to the bathroom and get used to our yard. He had a blast in the grass and was running and chasing us and having a ball! Here are some pics of that:
16h6wcm.jpg

15iaixw.jpg

Then it was time to introduce him to his crate and where he will be spending a lot of time. He explored then laid down. here is a pic of that:
2yk11dd.jpg

Then it was time to explore the dog door. He found it a little high and scary so my husband made a fast ramp(he will fix it better today)and he finally went out of it. After an hr or 2 he finally warmed up to it and will go in and out without problems. Here is a pics of that:
rkylck.jpg

2hqryts.jpg

After that we introduced him to his kennel where he will spend his nights upstairs sleeping in. He didn't seem to mind it a bit. Here is a pic of that:
2utqioz.jpg

Then it was time to take a family photo. Please excuse us as it has been a very hectic few days. I was barely hanging on last night. Here is a pic of that:
246q5gm.jpg

So then it was time to calm down and get ready for bed. We had him go out the dog door and do his business that he came back in and went to bed. He slept in his kennel till about 1am and he started to whine. My husband took him out and he thinks he did his business, it was dark LOL Then he cuddled with him for a few minutes and put him back to bed in his kennel where he slept until 4am when we got up(we are on a bad sleeping schedule due to a year of getting up with our Pekingese to help him downstairs. We have been unable to get out of that routine). We did make a mistake by allowing him to just be in his playpen area without directing him outside first. He did go to the door but I think it was too dark outside and he was not gonna go out so he did pee and poo on the floor but he felt bad doing it. You could see his face and he was disappointed in himself. It was our fault though for not showing him the door when we first got up and we forgot to turn on the outside light. Since then he had been playing, eating and sleeping. He has whined when he cannot find us. We are sitting on the couch when he is in his playpen but I guess there is too much furniture in the way for him to see us. Now my daughter and husband are outside playing with him.
Today we will be visiting the cemetery to introduce in a sense our Peke to Toby. Then we need to go to home depot to get little garden fencing to surround our tree as he is curious so we will be curbing that up.
Oh I forgot to say that we spent an hr or so registering him on AKC and his Microchip last night. He is officially named Tobias Alexander but we will call him Toby. Today or tomorrow we will be calling Trupanion to get started on that. I have to call the vet to get an appointment for the exact day he is due for his next round of shots. Not sure if we should just introduce him to the vets office first then go home or just go when the appointment is scheduled. I don't want to pay for an office visit just to introduce Toby to the vet..Know what I mean?
We are so very much in love with this dog already! He has stolen our hearts:lotsaluv: I hope you enjoyed the pics.
Becky

Well its been quite an interesting 24 hrs. We got a late start yesterday morning picking him up. The kennel we bought is so big that there was not enough room for it and our daughter to fit comfortable in the back so my husband made a bed from a cardboard box. He placed a pillow and blankets in it. We placed it on the floor board and it fit great! I think we all had the jitters on the way there. We didn't sleep much the night before so we were all tired!
As soon as we got there we were in a rush to the front door with video camera and camera in hand. We first went to see the puppies, there were only 3 left as the others were already gone. We took pics of Toby playing with his litter mates for the last time. Then we headed into the living room to sign papers and get instructions on AKC, Shot records, micro-chip info and look at all the things that she gave us in his puppy tote bag. She gave us all sorts of things, it was great! We have all of the health cert. copies of mom and dad and pedigrees. We had the generations broken down that she made. It was wonderful!
Then it was finally time to pick him up and take him home. It was a long goodbye. We took lots of video of us bringing him out and going out the door. We got lots of pics of us taking him out. Our breeder cried a lot as she loves each and every dog. She asked us to call as soon as we got home. We gave lots of hugs and told her she can call and email us at any time and we will do the same. I told her if she was ever in the area to come by. Then it was time to go.
We put him in the box and he sniffed then laid down and went to sleep. He slept the whole way home. Almost 4 hrs. Here is a picture of that:
dgj62h.jpg

Then as soon as we got home we took him to his new backyard to go to the bathroom and get used to our yard. He had a blast in the grass and was running and chasing us and having a ball! Here are some pics of that:
16h6wcm.jpg

15iaixw.jpg

Then it was time to introduce him to his crate and where he will be spending a lot of time. He explored then laid down. here is a pic of that:
2yk11dd.jpg

Then it was time to explore the dog door. He found it a little high and scary so my husband made a fast ramp(he will fix it better today)and he finally went out of it. After an hr or 2 he finally warmed up to it and will go in and out without problems. Here is a pics of that:
rkylck.jpg

2hqryts.jpg

After that we introduced him to his kennel where he will spend his nights upstairs sleeping in. He didn't seem to mind it a bit. Here is a pic of that:
2utqioz.jpg

Then it was time to take a family photo. Please excuse us as it has been a very hectic few days. I was barely hanging on last night. Here is a pic of that:
246q5gm.jpg

So then it was time to calm down and get ready for bed. We had him go out the dog door and do his business that he came back in and went to bed. He slept in his kennel till about 1am and he started to whine. My husband took him out and he thinks he did his business, it was dark LOL Then he cuddled with him for a few minutes and put him back to bed in his kennel where he slept until 4am when we got up(we are on a bad sleeping schedule due to a year of getting up with our Pekingese to help him downstairs. We have been unable to get out of that routine). We did make a mistake by allowing him to just be in his playpen area without directing him outside first. He did go to the door but I think it was too dark outside and he was not gonna go out so he did pee and poo on the floor but he felt bad doing it. You could see his face and he was disappointed in himself. It was our fault though for not showing him the door when we first got up and we forgot to turn on the outside light. Since then he had been playing, eating and sleeping. He has whined when he cannot find us. We are sitting on the couch when he is in his playpen but I guess there is too much furniture in the way for him to see us. Now my daughter and husband are outside playing with him.
Today we will be visiting the cemetery to introduce in a sense our Peke to Toby. Then we need to go to home depot to get little garden fencing to surround our tree as he is curious so we will be curbing that up.
Oh I forgot to say that we spent an hr or so registering him on AKC and his Microchip last night. He is officially named Tobias Alexander but we will call him Toby. Today or tomorrow we will be calling Trupanion to get started on that. I have to call the vet to get an appointment for the exact day he is due for his next round of shots. Not sure if we should just introduce him to the vets office first then go home or just go when the appointment is scheduled. I don't want to pay for an office visit just to introduce Toby to the vet..Know what I mean?
We are so very much in love with this dog already! He has stolen our hearts:lotsaluv: I hope you enjoyed the pics.
Becky

What a sweet set up he has with you! Beautiful family. I wish I had a doggy door.

Thank you Goda. My dad calls it a puppy palace LOL Maybe someday you will be able to get a dog door. Thank you for the compliments, We hope to get even better family photos soon.
Becky

Yayyyyyyyyyyy ! he's home cl*pcl*pcl*p

He is gorgeous, adorable and so cute. Look at his little rear end disappearing into the doggy door awe:)

That is a lovely introduction thank you for that. Im sure you are all going to be so happy with your new puppy :grin:

Thank you Blueroses. He's so cute when he goes out the door. So little with a huge door, its an extra large door! We had to buy a big one because my parents have a 100lb collie that visits from time to time. He does well with it though. My husband is now rebuilding the ramps and placing fencing around the tree.
This is gonna be quite an adventure with Toby. So far so good! cl*p
Becky

How adorable!!
Makes me want another, but the mother won't allow it. She says Benji is enough until i move out!
Ah well... hope little Toby brings you as much joy as Benji had bought us!! :D:D

Thank you! He has definitely brought smiles to our faces already:)
Becky

How adorable!!
Makes me want another, but the mother won't allow it. She says Benji is enough until i move out!
Ah well... hope little Toby brings you as much joy as Benji had bought us!! :D:D

Loved the gorgeous photos! Made me think back to the day I brought Lady home. It was a long night that night, but all worth it in the end. I'm sure he'll bring you much joy over the years!

Thank you. I know that time goes by so fast so taking pictures and video is so important. We will look back on those and reminisce:l*v:
Becky

He is adorable, and a blessed little puppy to be coming hoe with you all bring so prepared. I'm not surprised he's not sleeping through the nightl. Their bladders are so small at this point.You're doing a great job.

Thank you. Last night he actually slept from 9:30pm to 4amcl*pHe did really well. Thank goodness because he wore me out yesterday LOL
Becky

He is adorable, and a blessed little puppy to be coming hoe with you all bring so prepared. I'm not surprised he's not sleeping through the nightl. Their bladders are so small at this point.You're doing a great job.

Thank you. At this time its not in the cards. First, financially a second dog would be draining(buying the dog,insurance,initial vet bills,food etc..) I think we need to stick with one right now and get used to the breed before we bring in another. Not gonna lie, I am very worried about SM, I can only hope Toby doesn't get it but to have 2 to worry about would be too much.
Becky

Hi

What a lovely puppy and great photos ,any thoughts on a playmate.

Back