• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vaginal Yeast Infection??

mom4bella

Hello,

I'm Kristen, "mom" to Bella, 4 year old blenheim, and Gino, 2 year old tri. It's been a while since I visited this board...I still check in every so often to see what is going on:) I know there are so many wonderful cav owners on this board that are so supportive of each other, and always sharing great information on so many different issues. So, thats what brought me back...here's whats going on....

A few days ago, I noticed Bella licking her "pee pee" area. I checked it out and it looked fine. Yesterday I bathed/blowdryed both dogs. ( I use Isle of Dogs shampoo and conditioner). Last night, through today she has been "going at it". I checked her again..I gently washed and dried the area..this time she had a white,sticky discharge that I wiped away. Could this be a yeast infection? I am thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow after work..any thoughts would be appreciated!! ***Also, Gino ( the male), has been acting like he's humping her...could this be from the scent that she could be giving off with whatever it is going on with her?? Thanks again!

My lady had vaginitis recently, nightmare trying to keep her away from her bits (she's still going at them even though it has now cleared!). Same situation as your dog - white discharge, male dogs interest (on a spayed bitch) and lots of licking, she also had quite a bit of redness around her vulva from the constant licking. Your vet will be able to give you some antibiotics, and maybe something to ease the itching, to clear it up in no time (and perhaps a buster collar to stop her irritating the area). We are trying to keep my missus from licking, it has become habit at the point and I am afraid she will end up giving herself another infection if she doesn't stop. We are in to get her vaccinated next week anyway so will ask about it then!

Took her to the vet today, and just like lorebringer said, she was given antibiotics and a ointment for her swollen vulva. Our vet says its bacterial, not yeast, and that she should be back to normal within a week. Thank you!

Back