Thread: Slippery floors/ dogs slipping or sliding on floor /floor coating to prevent slipping

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Slippery floors/ dogs slipping or sliding on floor /floor coating to prevent slipping

New to the UK Paw safe http://www.floorsafedirect.co.uk/paw-safe-60-p.asp

It's a coating you apply to the floor

The high gloss clear anti slip polish works by encapsulating a minute, barely visible polymer bead. Once dry this bead creates friction under your petís paws that will reduce the chance of your pet slipping...
    Suitable for: Wood, Laminate, Vinyl and Stone.

I haven't tried it yet, it was advertised in Dogs Today and is the first time I've seen anything like that. It's supposed to last up to a year so that is really good. There's only one review but he seems pretty pleased with it!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm disappointed to say that this product has not been effective for us

I treated our kitchen vinyl flooring with two coats The first application lasted for about 8 weeks but gradually lost deffectiveness.

The 2nd application only lasted a matter of weeks and was not as effective, so I feared that I had not shaken the bottle sufficiently.

The 3rd application was put down after shaking the bottle for 10 mins - followed by a 2nd coat. Again it has worn off within 8 weeks.

We have 3 Cavaliers and there are only two adults living in the house so I do not think it is due to high traffic.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have an alternative mehtod to keeping your floor slip free for both you and your dog. I have tested this method on friends and familys floors of all types.
    You put flat coke mixed with luke warm water and leave it for 1 hr to settle, then you add half a squeezed lemon into the bucket and leave for another hour. Then you add soe washing up liquid some more water and away you go! It works everytime!

"When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."
    - Edward Abbey

Post Thanks / Like

Would this not make the floor a bit sticky?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lorebringer View Post
    Would this not make the floor a bit sticky?
    As long as you dont go overboard on the coke thats what would make it sticky! The lemon makes it smell fresh, obviously it only works for tiled floors and wooden floors.
    "When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."
    - Edward Abbey