• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poopy Day

goda

Luka has had the runs since 4 AM. The runs started in bed, poor guy. Got a stool sample to the vet, and some medication to start him on today. He didn't even want a chicken jerky today. On the plus side, we have been so busy with poop that we haven't felt like utter devastated garbage about his SM.

Had so much experience with colitis...

So if you need any guidance once Meds have started, let me know. We had tough time finding bland diet that worked...and keeping Gracie hydrated. Chipped ice was great and bland diet of rice with some boiled lamb. But each dog is different. Sounds like Luka ate something he should have left alone or something that he does not tolerate. Also can be an array of other things like worms, digestive enzymes or B12 shortage. We went thru them all so let me know if you need more info along the way. Poor baby....been there!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about Luka. My brother's little dog had Giardia this spring, apparently from drinking out of puddles. I wonder if Luka has it too. They live in Seattle (Ballard) so lots of puddles to avoid. Hope Luka is better soon.

Back