Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP My lovely lady Taylor Cat :((

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP My lovely lady Taylor Cat :((

We rehomed Taylor in 1994 at around nine months old...we said goodbye to her today aged about 18 as her little body was failing her.....I feel so sad, I have cried on and off all day and telling the kids she had been put to sleep was a choker. They have known her all of their lives!

She had been on borrowed time for over three years. She had kidney failure but was made of stern stuff. With regular checkups and a close eye on her she held her own well..

Aged two she was hit by a car, thankfully just a dislocated shoulder. She would foloow me to the local shops when the kids were little and wait to come back with me. She ruined my stair carpet and threw cat litter everywhere in later years...The kidney failure meant she visited it rather regularly.

She was a friendly loving cat who will be very very missed. Thanks Taylor for chosing us to live with for all these years, my heart is breaking today but I know we did the very best we could for you. It was a priviledge knowing you and being there for you at the end....God bless Mrs. you are a legend!! xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss. What a lovely memorial you have written and you have many years of memories to take comfort in.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you lost Taylor. 18 years, that's amazing, even after what she had experienced physically, indeed she was made of stern stuff and had wonderful people to care for her! Rest in Peace Taylor.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So very sad about Taylor, Teresa

I was a cat person long before I was a dog person so can empathise with you - 18 years is such a very long time to share your life with a special companion - and harder when your children have never known a time without Taylor.

You wrote a beautiful tribute, you obviously have many happy memories which will be a comfort in the days and months ahead. She was truly blessed to have found you and been so well looked after to overcome her many issues.

Thinking of you at this sad time

If you have a photo you would like posted please e-mail it to me on rupertsfund@idnet.com and I'll put it up for you.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

so sorry for your loss, I think the older they are the harder it is even though you know its for the best. Take care

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. She obviously had a loving family and a long life.
    Matilda
    Mummy to Lady (Blenheim Cavalier) and Lola (Silver Tabby British Shorthair)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Big (((hugs)))).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry for your loss. I have always had cats and still do have two. It's sad when you have to say goodbye especially after 18 years. Thinking about you.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So very sorry for your loss...I will say a little prayer tonight. x

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.