• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

RIP My lovely lady Taylor Cat :((

Teresa

We rehomed Taylor in 1994 at around nine months old...we said goodbye to her today aged about 18 as her little body was failing her.....I feel so sad, I have cried on and off all day and telling the kids she had been put to sleep was a choker. They have known her all of their lives!

She had been on borrowed time for over three years. She had kidney failure but was made of stern stuff. With regular checkups and a close eye on her she held her own well..

Aged two she was hit by a car, thankfully just a dislocated shoulder. She would foloow me to the local shops when the kids were little and wait to come back with me. She ruined my stair carpet and threw cat litter everywhere in later years...The kidney failure meant she visited it rather regularly.

She was a friendly loving cat who will be very very missed. Thanks Taylor for chosing us to live with for all these years, my heart is breaking today but I know we did the very best we could for you. It was a priviledge knowing you and being there for you at the end....God bless Mrs. you are a legend!! xxxxx

Sorry for your loss. What a lovely memorial you have written and you have many years of memories to take comfort in.

I'm so sorry you lost Taylor. 18 years, that's amazing, even after what she had experienced physically, indeed she was made of stern stuff and had wonderful people to care for her! Rest in Peace Taylor.

So very sad about Taylor, Teresa :(:(

I was a cat person long before I was a dog person so can empathise with you - 18 years is such a very long time to share your life with a special companion - and harder when your children have never known a time without Taylor.

You wrote a beautiful tribute, you obviously have many happy memories which will be a comfort in the days and months ahead. She was truly blessed to have found you and been so well looked after to overcome her many issues.

Thinking of you at this sad time

If you have a photo you would like posted please e-mail it to me on [email protected] and I'll put it up for you.

so sorry for your loss, I think the older they are the harder it is even though you know its for the best. Take care

So sorry for your loss. I have always had cats and still do have two. It's sad when you have to say goodbye especially after 18 years. Thinking about you.

Thanks for all of your lovely replies...I can't believe how sad I feel...Eyes are less leaky today so far though. I keep "seeing" her everywhere. Managed to move all her things today, I couldn't face it yesterday. She was one in a million :(( I have said that we would have no more cats but going to see how I feel in a few weeks, My old cat died at 18 when I was 18 then had Taylor two years later until now...Very weird not having a cat about. I am so lucky she lived to such a good age...xx

Hi

So sorry for you ,we are similar as before our Cavaliers came we had three rescue cats then one by one they all went .Ben our ginger we had for 9 yrs then Tammi our little white female about 15 yrs and lastly our Ami another all white girl who was about 18 yrs now none .They had such a calming relaxed view of life which seem to rub off on us humans than along came four two year old toddlers causing absolute mayhem all disguised as charming brown eyed cuddly Cavaliers ,definately a case of chaos in wolfs clothing but of course I wouldnt be without them even though Dangerous Daisy has just put some teeth marks through a 16 gb CF card costing me £120 but its my fault for leaving it within her reach ,oh well .

im so sorry . ive just started on this road as my old cat has just been diagnosed with kidney failure at 16. i have no idea how long she has which makes everyday one to treasure .. i know how much i will miss her. :hug:... maybe one day you will feel ready to give another cat as good a life x

So sorry about your loss. We currently only have one cat, and he is my Claires constant companion.....it must seem strange.Keeping you in thought and prayer.

Back