Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro to Vacuum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Intro to Vacuum

So today I decided to introduce Toby to the vacuum. I thought for sure as soon as I got it out he would bolt but he was curious until I turned it on, then he hid beside my daughter

Last edited by gamefanz; 21st June 2011 at 06:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lol Jasper hates the vacuum but Holly follows me round when I use it. They are the same with the lawn mower! I have never made a fuss when doing either that's just the way they are. Jasper goes and gets on the sofa out of the way and Holly must think she's helping!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

cute pics! I am loving all of your Toby pictures

Brooklyn used to be afraid of the vacuum, but then over a few days, I got the vacuum out and covered it with treats. She slowly but surely crept closer and closer...nabbed a treat....then retreated fast! Over the next few days she would linger for a while, then when I got out the vacuum after about a week, she could care less. I did the same exercise when I had it on too. Now when I turn it on, I give her a treat and get on with my business and she just chills out I have had to repeat this exercise with lots of stuff (mostly cleaning items like brooms, rakes, dusters...maybe she doesnt want me to clean because she knows she won't get attention when I am busy, ha ha!). But it works great and now there is hardly anything she is scared of.

Post Thanks / Like

Im liking the Toby pictures too. It's like a wonderful real life documentary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I too am really enjoying the Toby pictures. I love the way you are documenting his development. Please, keep them coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robbieswan View Post
    I too am really enjoying the Toby pictures. I love the way you are documenting his development. Please, keep them coming.
    I second that. Toby is a lovely pup and I am never tired of seeing puppy pictures.

None of mine except Rebel have ever been interested one way or the other in the infernal machines. When Rebel was a few months old he wrecked one in the middle of the night, which I replaced, then exactly a week later he worked even harder on the new one, leaving strips of broken plastic everywhere, but strangely enough he left the paper bag intact. I kept the cleaners in a closed cupboard after that, but as he grew up took no notice of them and it has never happened again. Strange

While on the subject, has anyone with a Dyson realised that they have brought out a new grooming tool. This is a slicker brush which attaches to the long handle and hose. You press down to use it as normal, then when it is full of hair, release and the hair all goes into the vacuum. I got mine yesterday and absolutely love it. In the UK both Currys and Comet have it at around 39. I did three of my dogs inn about 6 minutes. They all seemed happy for me to use the attachment on them. Their coats were absolutely gleaming, which would have needed much more brushing in the ordinary way
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's good to introduce as many loud and scary things as possible at a young age as they are less able to adapt when they are older. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job with Toby.
    Matilda
    Mummy to Lady (Blenheim Cavalier) and Lola (Silver Tabby British Shorthair)

Post Thanks / Like

Leo was very curious of the hoover to start with, then one day he got to close and I sucked his ear up the extention tube

He's really wary now. Its great to get them used to things but be careful.
    Love photo's by the way.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. I should try that!
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    cute pics! I am loving all of your Toby pictures

Brooklyn used to be afraid of the vacuum, but then over a few days, I got the vacuum out and covered it with treats. She slowly but surely crept closer and closer...nabbed a treat....then retreated fast! Over the next few days she would linger for a while, then when I got out the vacuum after about a week, she could care less. I did the same exercise when I had it on too. Now when I turn it on, I give her a treat and get on with my business and she just chills out I have had to repeat this exercise with lots of stuff (mostly cleaning items like brooms, rakes, dusters...maybe she doesnt want me to clean because she knows she won't get attention when I am busy, ha ha!). But it works great and now there is hardly anything she is scared of.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL thank you. Good thing we have a huge storage drive because I am a picture taking fool

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Blueroses View Post
    Im liking the Toby pictures too. It's like a wonderful real life documentary