Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro to Vacuum

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the grooming tool. I will have to look for it!

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    I second that. Toby is a lovely pup and I am never tired of seeing puppy pictures.

None of mine except Rebel have ever been interested one way or the other in the infernal machines. When Rebel was a few months old he wrecked one in the middle of the night, which I replaced, then exactly a week later he worked even harder on the new one, leaving strips of broken plastic everywhere, but strangely enough he left the paper bag intact. I kept the cleaners in a closed cupboard after that, but as he grew up took no notice of them and it has never happened again. Strange

While on the subject, has anyone with a Dyson realised that they have brought out a new grooming tool. This is a slicker brush which attaches to the long handle and hose. You press down to use it as normal, then when it is full of hair, release and the hair all goes into the vacuum. I got mine yesterday and absolutely love it. In the UK both Currys and Comet have it at around 39. I did three of my dogs inn about 6 minutes. They all seemed happy for me to use the attachment on them. Their coats were absolutely gleaming, which would have needed much more brushing in the ordinary way

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I couldn't help but laugh at that I will definitely be careful
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by meljoy View Post
    Leo was very curious of the hoover to start with, then one day he got to close and I sucked his ear up the extention tube

He's really wary now. Its great to get them used to things but be careful.
    Love photo's by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the comments everyone. I'm sure there will be more pictures to come soon LOL
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like

I have had Dyson cleaners every since I got my first cavalier 11 years ago, I am now on my third Dyson. Jasper hates the vacuum and runs away when it comes out of the cupboard and Ollie use to run after it when he was a pup but now in the last few months he has more sense, it does`nt bother him, he is quite happy to lay on the floor with me cleaning around him. I had to have a new motor in my Dyson earlier this year after it only being 18 months old and the repair man offered to sell me one of the grooming attachments at a slight reduction in price but it did`nt seem worth it for me.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How adorable! XD XD
    Benji is still terrified of the vaccum, he just barks until my mom turns it off. So i usually take him out for a nice long walk when my mom gets the vaccum out. Now when he sees the vaccum he runs off to find his harness and lead. lol
    Proud momma of Benji. Born 15-8-10!!

Post Thanks / Like

While on the subject, has anyone with a Dyson realised that they have brought out a new grooming tool. This is a slicker brush which attaches to the long handle and hose. You press down to use it as normal, then when it is full of hair, release and the hair all goes into the vacuum. I got mine yesterday and absolutely love it. In the UK both Currys and Comet have it at around 39. I did three of my dogs inn about 6 minutes. They all seemed happy for me to use the attachment on them. Their coats were absolutely gleaming, which would have needed much more brushing in the ordinary way
    I didn't realise that these were available for the long handle - I had it in my head that they were for the handheld models. I'll have to have a look out - they sound brilliant. Does the grooming tool remove matts by any chance?
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sooooo typically cute!!!,

Love the photos..... Gracie used to just bark at vacuum but now she likes to follow me around to see if I might accidentally drop an attachment she can grab. We have made it a bit of a game. Fun to watch your Toby exploring new things.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I hope that one day he will be afraid of the noise but at least that way he will not ruin my vacuum by trying to chew it LOL More pics to come

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlifarley View Post
    I didn't realise that these were available for the long handle - I had it in my head that they were for the handheld models. I'll have to have a look out - they sound brilliant. Does the grooming tool remove matts by any chance?
    Yes the tool fits all but the few named models listed on the top of the box. I am using it with my DC 25 Animal and it works really well. Sorry though, they warn against using it on hair with deep mats or tangles.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry though, they warn against using it on hair with deep mats or tangles.
    That's ok, I was only doing some wishful thinking
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008