• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My poor Madison

Love my Cavaliers

About a month ago I posted that Madison had collapsed while we were taking a walk. I took her to the neurologist and her neuro exam checked out fine. He sent her over to cardiology for a workup and she checked out fine there also, except the cardiologist heard a faint click. They said if it happened again to bring her back to cardio for a 24 hour holter monitor test. Well, it happened again today. She started walked sideways like she was drunk and then started lifting one back leg, but continued to staggeringly walk, then lift the other rear leg out at an angle. Luckily we were at our door when this happened. She continued to do this for about 10 minutes. A quick call to the neurologist (I was actually able to talk directly to him) and she is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow at 9 am. He agreed that this does not sound cardiac related at all.

My poor baby. She is Riley's half sister. Riley is my severly affected SM dog. I will let you all know later in the day what we find on the MRI. She has never shown any signs of SM, but you just never know - especially with what Karlin just posted about how many dogs actually have SM. Wish us luck.

So sorry to read this. Let us know how you get on. We'll have everything crossed for you.

Hi

Best wishes to you both for tomorrow ,when you mentioned a click and leg sticking out
I fully expected you to say a poss patella problem .The mri will find it out for you so all
our best thoughts be with you two .

Hi there. I hope everything goes well for Madison tomorrow and that you get the answers you need. Will be thinking of you both.

Oh Bev. Hugs to you and e-mail me when you find out. These guys just won't let us stop worrying will they. Praying for you and Madison. When I read that post by Karlin today I literally felt sick for this beautiful breed. Hugs.

Just a quick note to let you all know that Maddie does not have SM!!! What she does have is Verterbral Basilar Insufficiency. I am on my way to pick her up now. Her neuro said she has a 4 mm spot at C1 which has a consistent loss of blood flow, probably caused by a narrowing of an artery to her brain. I don't quite understand it, so if anyone knows anything about it, please tell me everything you know. He said usually the ony treatment is a baby aspirin a day. Right now her blood clotting tests have come back normal, but they did a specialized clotting test that they will have to wait a day or so for the result before they start her on any medication. Just happy it's not SM and she did great with the anesthesia.

I am so relieved it's not SM.....A big hug from me..You must be in such turmoil !

Please keep us posted on her condition.

Back