• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ear Problems

Rosewoodsteel

We have noticed it for some time now. My wife noticed it first, but I was somewhat in denial.
Charlie McFarlie wasn't reacting to sound. We had the vet examine his ears during his last visit and we were told that his ears were loaded with wax. Low and behold, we have been treating him with the drops for over a week now, and have cleaned out a lot. We still have more to remove, so I am hopefull his hearing will improve once it is all gone.
Has anyone else here experienced this and how did things work out for your Cavalier?

Yes I had this with one of my previous dogs - I noticed Russie wasn't responding to my voice and didn't hear me when I was behind him - my husband hadn't noticed anything wrong either!

It was a case of impacted wax in his ear and since I'd picked up on it fairly quickly it wasn't too bad, and he was fine after the vet had sorted him out. It only ever happened the once. I suspected it being wax as I've had similar problems myself! :)

Rosemary

Back