Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking up after your dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Picking up after your dog.

What do you have to pick up after your dog? I use scented nappy bags myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I buy bags that come on a roll and fit into a little carrier shaped like a fire hydrant, attached to Clancy's leash.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

scented nappy sacks here too, or if we run out sandwich bags, freezer bags etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the black poopy bags, although I have been known to use any old bag if we run out

We have some new dog owners in our area at the moment, and the streets are flooded with dog dirt I was shouted at by a lady on the street the other day because of it.

Misty had just done her thing, and as usual was being told she was a "good girl", when some woman started shouting at me saying how disgusting it was to let my dog "do that in the street!". I calmly turned around with the bag in my hand and said "perhaps her time would be better spent shouting at people who didn't clean up after their animals instead of the law abiding ones who do
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

scented nappy bags here too .. im a childminder so go through lots of these

Post Thanks / Like

Potty bags (pink) that are in a little pouch that looks like a miniature purse. I then put them in a small paper bag so I don't have to walk down the street with poop in a clear pink bag....I've used snack bags when I have run out, but I keep lots of small paper bags around.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

So far Piper has never pooped when on a leash. He goes in our yard when he's free to run around. I use plastic grocery bags to clean up to yard though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use doggy bags or sandwich bags if I run out. I often think when picking it up I hope it doesn't have a hole in it! Imagine that!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I find a very good use for all those plastic bags you get given in shops - good recycling sense and much cheaper than buying anything special.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I use everything! I have pink little poo bags, but the park up the street has poo bag dispensers, so we are always (usually!) in luck. I also use grocery bags and the bags you put veggies in at the supermarket. In the backyard, we just use a little shovel and put it in our "organic matter" bin.

And to be honest...I have used leaves! Yes, leaves...I just SO hate when people leave dog poo (I'm mean, if you choose to own a dog, you have to own all aspects of it), so if Brooklyn catches me off guard, I grab a leaf and head for the nearest trash can! Ha!

Funny, I have never talked about "poo" before I owned a dog, and now I talk about it (and touch it!) all the time!