Thread: What age did you cav stop gaining weight?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default What age did you cav stop gaining weight?

Coco is 10 months old and has been holding a steady 11lbs. Should I be worried she is not gaining more weight? What age do you expect a Cavalier to stop gaining weight due to development? (Of course weight gain is a lifelong issue due to feeding!)

What age did your Cavalier seem to stop putting on the weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zumie05 View Post
    Coco is 10 months old and has been holding a steady 11lbs. Should I be worried she is not gaining more weight? What age do you expect a Cavalier to stop gaining weight due to development? (Of course weight gain is a lifelong issue due to feeding!)

What age did your Cavalier seem to stop putting on the weight?
    Atlas at 14 months he is maybe 13 lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley weighed 18 lbs at 6 months, 6 days. The vet said he was too fat as he had gained almost 5 lbs in 7 weeks. He had me change from puppy to adult food (gradually) and cut down on quantity and frequency. I had been feeding him 3 meals a day. I think he has leveled off now.

Post Thanks / Like

No idea, but I would like to know. Brooklyn is 8 and 1/2 months old and she weights 6 kilos (about 13 pounds)...she is long and lean, so I am not sure how much more she will grow. She has been a bit stable in her weight for a little while.

Post Thanks / Like

Like 2 years old (she turned 2 in march) She stayed between 10 & 11lbs for aaaages, like a year. She was about 7lbs at 6 months old. Then within the past few months, since December, she's gained about 2lbs. It hasn't really been in "body weight" if that makes sense. She's just grown a bit longer (like her little t-shirts aren't long enough anymore). She still looks so tiny though, every cavalier we've met just towers over her lol
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Most of an adult's weight is there by around 1 but they can keep filling out til age 2-2.5, especially males.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com