• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What age did you cav stop gaining weight?

Zumie05

Coco is 10 months old and has been holding a steady 11lbs. Should I be worried she is not gaining more weight? What age do you expect a Cavalier to stop gaining weight due to development? (Of course weight gain is a lifelong issue due to feeding!)

What age did your Cavalier seem to stop putting on the weight?

Coco is 10 months old and has been holding a steady 11lbs. Should I be worried she is not gaining more weight? What age do you expect a Cavalier to stop gaining weight due to development? (Of course weight gain is a lifelong issue due to feeding!)

What age did your Cavalier seem to stop putting on the weight?

Atlas at 14 months he is maybe 13 lbs

Bentley weighed 18 lbs at 6 months, 6 days. The vet said he was too fat as he had gained almost 5 lbs in 7 weeks. He had me change from puppy to adult food (gradually) and cut down on quantity and frequency. I had been feeding him 3 meals a day. I think he has leveled off now.

No idea, but I would like to know. Brooklyn is 8 and 1/2 months old and she weights 6 kilos (about 13 pounds)...she is long and lean, so I am not sure how much more she will grow. She has been a bit stable in her weight for a little while.

Like 2 years old (she turned 2 in march) She stayed between 10 & 11lbs for aaaages, like a year. She was about 7lbs at 6 months old. Then within the past few months, since December, she's gained about 2lbs. It hasn't really been in "body weight" if that makes sense. She's just grown a bit longer (like her little t-shirts aren't long enough anymore). She still looks so tiny though, every cavalier we've met just towers over her lol

Most of an adult's weight is there by around 1 but they can keep filling out til age 2-2.5, especially males.

Back