• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Laura Lang's New CKCS Book

RodRussell

USA cavalier breeder Laura Lang has written a breed book to be published at the end of August. This is the first book about cavaliers to be written by a breeder who has dedicated her cavalier breeding program to following the health testing and breeding protocols necessary to rid future generations of CKCSs of early-onset MVD and other genetic disorders. It's sections on MVD, PSOM, syringomyelia, and other genetic health disorders are excellent.

For example, in no other CKCS book written by a breeder will you read anything like this statement:

"MVD is the most common health concern of Cavaliers today. You can assume that your Cavalier will develop MVD at some point. Don't listen to breeders who say that only 50 percent develop it or that there is no MVD in their lines, as these are not true statements."

You may pre-order it on-line at Amazon here http://amzn.to/kONoNH

I'm really pleased to hear of this book and I'll be quick to order several copies so that I can share with friends.

Laura and I served together on the national board of CKCSC USA back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Pat

Animal Planet Dogs 101 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

I just placed my order. I thought I would include the title and some other things besides what Rod said because this book has a lot more than just health. I have found her website quite helpful in regards to buying a puppy, health issues, etc. so I'm pleased she has written this book. Besides what Rod said, the book has Animal Planet and seems to be like one you would find in a Barnes and Noble etc. Usually those I see are way outdated so I'm glad she was the one who wrote this. You can click inside on Amazon to get a view. I thought I would include some of the table of contents. It has the origins, characterists, supplies (shopping :p) FEEDING, grooming, Health, training, *solving problems* (I am curious about this and think it will be very helpful), and activites.

Back