Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Your Cavalier Happy - How DO You Know ?

Post Thanks / Like

I always know if murphy is happy. He will sit or stand and wag his tail soo much. If hes sad he will mope on the floor with his head down and look up to you as if to say "mummy im sad"...I love seeing him wagging his tail, makes my day , every day
    ..Life wouldn't be complete without a beautiful cavalier at your feet..
    xxxx Mummy to Murphy, aged 8. MVD wont stop my precious boy! xxxx
    28/09/09 Gotcha Day <3

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell when Martha is happy because she smiles, and when she's having a great time she laughs!

When she smiles the muscles round her nose and eyes change very very slightly as if she's copying our expression. I can't really explain it except her nose seems to wrinkle a bit and round her eyes definitely goes into smiley mode.

Whens she's laughing her whole face changes her mouth is open and her eyes almost seem to be singing!!! and are so full of intelligence and excitement.

None doggy people will say it's nonsense but it isn't, we can read their moods just as they can read ours; and just as people on this forum have said they know when their SM affected cavalier is feeling uncomfortable, or in pain, their face is drawn and their eyes say it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davecav View Post
    None doggy people will say it's nonsense but it isn't, we can read their moods just as they can read ours; and just as people on this forum have said they know when their SM affected cavalier is feeling uncomfortable, or in pain, their face is drawn and their eyes say it all.
    Exactly!!!
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Coco wiggles, dances, and smiles when she is happy. It is so cute, she cannot wag her tail fast enough so her entire back end sways back and forth! She prances around like a deer in a meadow, with wide eyes, alert up-set ears, and a big ol' tongue hangin out of a smiling mouth. Yep, that is what she looks like when she is happy.

When she has been scolded, her head lowers, ears to back, and she crawls to me and rolls on her back. Even then she doesn't look sad, just apologetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zumie05 View Post

When she has been scolded, her head lowers, ears to back, and she crawls to me and rolls on her back. Even then she doesn't look sad, just apologetic.
    Yep I know just what you mean! They know they can wrap us round their paw so easily because we forgive them straight away. How can anyone be cross with a cavalier for more than a second or two.

They've got us well sussed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes they do! They may just be the smartest dogs because they know how to use their assets (those beautiful eyes) to make you cave. They so want to please you too though

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

I usually put some type of "surprise" at the bottom of their food bowls (cottage cheese, yogurt, etc). This morning, I cut up a hard-boiled egg and hid it under their food. You should have seen their tails start wagging a hundred miles a minute when they realized what was in there! It was so funny to watch them. On the same token, when my SM girl is having a bad night, I can tell just by looking at her face and eyes- just as some others of you have mentioned. I think, if we are observant owners and have done a bit of research, we can easily read our dogs' body language.
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett