Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Cavaliers Best Skill

Post Thanks / Like

Luka- Patience, he is the worlds most patient dog. Not sure if that is a skill, however I am able to walk him completely off leash and if I say leave it he will not chase squirrels and birds. He also is a pretty accomplished tree climber.

Atlas- he is a little bit of a blonde, and his best skill is putting his paw on my arm when he wants to be cuddled, scratched and pet and he paws at the food bowl if it's empty to tell us he is hungry.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Darcy's best skill is acting like a princess. She gives me a withering look when I do something she doesn't like (like making do her business outside on wet grass, eat from a bowl, sleep in a dog bed etc) and turns her nose up at me. Always makes me laugh and leaves me feeling a little chastised
    Sue

Darcy - Blenheim - 17th Sept 2005
    'Life is a balance of holding on and letting go'

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney's best skill is his gentleness. I will place the smallest morsel of food on my lips and he will gently take it. If I hold on tight to the food, he will lick my lips then sit back and wait for me to release the food. He has NEVER nipped at me to get his treat!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Misty ~ It has to be her cuddles. She climbs up on my lap and sits facing me with her paws either side of my neck, and either squishes her face into my neck or nibbles my earlobes

Murphy ~ His lovely nature. He puts up with Misty sitting squished on top of him, the kitten practicing her stalking on him, and he never gets annoyed.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

At 10 weeks old, Toby's best skill is chewing and pulling on his toys He is a champion at tug of war with his monkey rope toy!

Post Thanks / Like

Jelly Bean's best skill is making me happy! Whether it be when he comes bounding inside and starts exuberantly scratching at his bed to let me know he's pottied himself properly... or when he's happily chasing after his array of toys as they go flying down the hall.

I love that picture of Cooper! Jelly sometimes likes to snag a stick and carry it along...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jelly Bean- 1yr Blenheim male
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Thanks for all the beautiful replies ,you all never cease to amaze me and I thoroughly enjoy reading
    and learning about every one .Somebody should put together a little book with all these stories one could
    put a photo of each individual Cavalier with a little story of each telling where they live what they eat
    where they sleep where they go walks and their fab skills .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Coco has phenominal tracking skills. She could pass as a hunting dog for sure!

This video was when she was still honing in on her skills, I really should get a new video of her! She absolutely loves tracking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holly. Her ability to tell the time, every afternoon at 2.00pm she comes to find me in our shop and sits and cries at my feet till I give
    up what I am doing so she gets her afternoon cuddle. Then at 7.00pm she sits and cries for her evening biscuits.

Gus. What can I say about Guss's skills maybe his lack of them would best describe him. When we go for a walk he always takes
    his ball, he loves running in the woods but then loses his ball, will come running back to me and starts barking at me to
    go and find it

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

Chamberlains best skill is making me laugh.
    Mommy to....

Chamberlain (10 month Male Blenheim Cavalier)
    Sasha (6 year old Female Great Pyrennes)