• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What Is Your Cavaliers Best Skill

Brian M

Hi

For me in descending order we have, and only one unique gift per Cavalier please.

Poppy - It has to be her nose ,she can sniff anything edible or not at a 1000 mtrs

Daisy - Her ability to wind Luke up ,If I say Luke pick Daisy up and put her on the bed she
then she flattens her ears and as soon as Luke approaches she emits a rumbling
from her throat and has a wild eyed look and then poor Luke backs away and Daisy
then has this contented look on her and thinks ,"Oh I win again"

Rosie - Just her complete lovability and trusting nature ,she hasnt got a nasty hair anywhere .

Lily - Her pure love of life and excitability and unfortunately a high pitched bark

With our two with their best skiills if you can call them that, Jasper`s is his stubborn nature, hubby and I actually think that this stubborn attitude actually keeps him going with his heart condition - he never gives up on anything either good or bad and for Ollie it just has to be his loving nature, he just loves everything and everybody. Pity we can have only one skill Brian, mine has so many different skills and are so very different.

Hey Brian, Well Rosie must be a true cavalier not a nasty hair anywhere. That's my two so gentle and wouldn't hurt a fly unless you tried to take their bone! Lol.Jasper's best skills are his wet nose kisses, he's such a big sook, and fetching the ball at the beach! Barking for his food and when he wants Holly to play. Holly's best skills are tackling Jasper when he is fetching the ball back she does it every time! And trying to worm her way into our bed at 4am in the morning! Lol. They both have good noses and go find treats when we say go find after hiding them.

Sleeping! Ha, just kidding (sorta!)

Brooklyn's best skill is that she high-fives :) My husband taught her that and now she has to high-five us before she gets her dinner...it's hilarious.

I have one whose cat like skills are remarkable.She can climb on a table behind your back and clear your plate in seconds,you won't hear her,very often you won't see her,apart from the occasion clink of cutlery to give her away,or the flash of a blenheim behind,the only clue is an empty plate and Miss Fox smacking her lips on the floor.
Sins

Hello Sins

I will have to send our Pops over she can sniff it out and Miss Fox can sneak in and make a grab .:rolleyes:

Cooper's best skill is to carry pinecones. He will carry one or two for miles when we walk.

croped.jpg

Cooper's best skill is to carry pinecones. He will carry one or two for miles when we walk.

croped.jpg

Now that is a marvellous picture. I hope you have entered Cooper for the Calendar competition.

Tommy's skills are wet kisses and the way his face lights up when he sees me signalling him ( he is deaf ) It is magical how his face changes.

Faith's are close cuddling, if you could unzip your skin she would be in there with you, and bounding like a mountain goat from chairs to sofa.

Luka- Patience, he is the worlds most patient dog. Not sure if that is a skill, however I am able to walk him completely off leash and if I say leave it he will not chase squirrels and birds. He also is a pretty accomplished tree climber.

Atlas- he is a little bit of a blonde, and his best skill is putting his paw on my arm when he wants to be cuddled, scratched and pet and he paws at the food bowl if it's empty to tell us he is hungry.

I think Darcy's best skill is acting like a princess. She gives me a withering look when I do something she doesn't like (like making do her business outside on wet grass, eat from a bowl, sleep in a dog bed etc) and turns her nose up at me. :-D Always makes me laugh and leaves me feeling a little chastised :badgrin:

Sydney's best skill is his gentleness. I will place the smallest morsel of food on my lips and he will gently take it. If I hold on tight to the food, he will lick my lips then sit back and wait for me to release the food. He has NEVER nipped at me to get his treat!

Misty ~ It has to be her cuddles. She climbs up on my lap and sits facing me with her paws either side of my neck, and either squishes her face into my neck or nibbles my earlobes :luv:

Murphy ~ His lovely nature. He puts up with Misty sitting squished on top of him, the kitten practicing her stalking on him, and he never gets annoyed.

At 10 weeks old, Toby's best skill is chewing and pulling on his toys:rotfl: He is a champion at tug of war with his monkey rope toy!:p

Jelly Bean's best skill is making me happy! Whether it be when he comes bounding inside and starts exuberantly scratching at his bed to let me know he's pottied himself properly... or when he's happily chasing after his array of toys as they go flying down the hall.

I love that picture of Cooper! Jelly sometimes likes to snag a stick and carry it along...
int_fromtyler270.jpg

Hi

Thanks for all the beautiful replies ,you all never cease to amaze me and I thoroughly enjoy reading
and learning about every one .Somebody should put together a little book with all these stories one could
put a photo of each individual Cavalier with a little story of each telling where they live what they eat
where they sleep where they go walks and their fab skills .:)

Coco has phenominal tracking skills. She could pass as a hunting dog for sure!

This video was when she was still honing in on her skills, I really should get a new video of her! She absolutely loves tracking.

Holly. Her ability to tell the time, every afternoon at 2.00pm she comes to find me in our shop and sits and cries at my feet till I give
up what I am doing so she gets her afternoon cuddle. Then at 7.00pm she sits and cries for her evening biscuits.

Gus. What can I say about Guss's skills maybe his lack of them would best describe him. When we go for a walk he always takes
his ball, he loves running in the woods but then loses his ball, will come running back to me and starts barking at me to
go and find iticon_whistling

Nanette

Back