Thread: Waiting For Replies From Breeders - Do You Remember

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiting For Replies From Breeders - Do You Remember

Man oh man...

I don't remember EVER being so jumpy at the sound of my cell phone tellingI just received an e-mail. I am waiting for replies from 2 breeders and I am completely at the edge of my seat here. I keep checking, obsessing over my e-mails really. It's terrible. The worst thing is one breeder was contacted by my boyfriend so she would be replying to him and he is at University so I can't find out if she replied. Ahhhh I am going insane, just sitting here, waiting, searching, hoping...

Oh how oh how I want to hold my future lil girl!

Do you remember those days when you first set out for a puppy? Was it the same for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I remember how nerve-wracking it was!

Being in the Netherlands, you are lucky that you can choose from a good range of breeders who are doing proper health testing -- doing MRI scans for syringomyelia in particular. A group have been working for several years now to improve the health results from scanning, with some success. Be sure to make sure your breeder is one who is MRIing and ask if they are one of the group working on the breeding protocol, and working with Dr Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler in the UK. This group of Dutch breeders has been one of the most pro-active about scanning and their scanning and breeding results have been critical to research. Do not work with any breeder who is not MRIing, and especially not with anyone who tells you it is unimportant or they have no issues in their lines.

If none of your breeders so far turns out to be amongst the scanning group, Margaret C on the board here might be able to help you locate some of these breeders if you PM her.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Karlin. I hadn't realized that there was a good range here in the Netherlands. I must not have been looking in the right places because I was having a really hard time finding breeders. Then again, it doesn't surprise me as the dutch are major animal-lovers. This country is very dog-friendly. It's actually one of the reasons I have come to want one. Hehehe.

Margaret already referred me to a list. She was very quick and helpful. I look forward to contacting the breeders. This forum is great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nela

When you get your little girl you have to pass her around the forum so we can all have a hold.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm excited for you
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella