• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Waiting For Replies From Breeders - Do You Remember

Nela

Man oh man...

I don't remember EVER being so jumpy at the sound of my cell phone tellingI just received an e-mail. I am waiting for replies from 2 breeders and I am completely at the edge of my seat here. I keep checking, obsessing over my e-mails really. It's terrible. The worst thing is one breeder was contacted by my boyfriend so she would be replying to him and he is at University so I can't find out if she replied. Ahhhh I am going insane, just sitting here, waiting, searching, hoping...

Oh how oh how I want to hold my future lil girl!

Do you remember those days when you first set out for a puppy? Was it the same for you?

Yes I remember how nerve-wracking it was! :)

Being in the Netherlands, you are lucky that you can choose from a good range of breeders who are doing proper health testing -- doing MRI scans for syringomyelia in particular. A group have been working for several years now to improve the health results from scanning, with some success. Be sure to make sure your breeder is one who is MRIing and ask if they are one of the group working on the breeding protocol, and working with Dr Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler in the UK. This group of Dutch breeders has been one of the most pro-active about scanning and their scanning and breeding results have been critical to research. Do not work with any breeder who is not MRIing, and especially not with anyone who tells you it is unimportant or they have no issues in their lines. (y)

If none of your breeders so far turns out to be amongst the scanning group, Margaret C on the board here might be able to help you locate some of these breeders if you PM her. :D

Thank you very much Karlin. I hadn't realized that there was a good range here in the Netherlands. I must not have been looking in the right places because I was having a really hard time finding breeders. Then again, it doesn't surprise me as the dutch are major animal-lovers. This country is very dog-friendly. It's actually one of the reasons I have come to want one. Hehehe.

Margaret already referred me to a list. :D She was very quick and helpful. I look forward to contacting the breeders. This forum is great!

Nela

When you get your little girl you have to pass her around the forum so we can all have a hold.:)

Back