Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Your Cavalier Happy - How DO You Know ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Is Your Cavalier Happy - How DO You Know ?

Hi

Any thoughts please .?
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine smiles at me lol

No, seriously, Tess is very expressive in mannerism and tail wagging. When she is unhappy, her ears drop and she mopes and sulks..I think you get to know your own dogs' mannerisms in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful pic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know when they have happy tails-wagging-in-their-sleep dreams.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you can tell when dogs are not feeling secure and safe.

I'm not sure that dogs understand the emotion that comes with being 'happy' but the tail wagging and smiling faces and rested nature of a dog says to me that they are calm and at peace with their life!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

I know when mine are happy or not so happy the same as they pick up on my emotions. If I am sad my dogs know and come to comfort me, if I am at a competition with Harley and I am on edge he knows about it and won’t work as well as if I am relaxed.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

Any thoughts please .?
    Brian,

I highly doubt by the photos of Daisy's expressions that she is not happy. Why do you ask this? Do you think one of yours may not be. Sometimes they may not be happy because they are in pain. I think I sent you that flyer that is on my friends blog that I added to mine because I thought it was helpful. http://secure.aahanet.org/eWeb/image...DogHandout.pdf If it is pain, that is why you look for these signs and manage them. With Ella there were good days and some bad days (which I had to adjust etc.). If she was not happy or not able to be managed that would be another story. I think I posted this video but you can see how happy she is. Sure she may have not been able to run as long as the others, but she sure was happy to be there!

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...109_144251.mp4

or this one,

PS. The one on Photobucket is my favorite but I can't download it to Youtube.

If you watch videos make sure to mute them! Not only do I hate my voice but it is really load
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Annie

How are you ,fine I hope and theres nothing wrong with your voice its lovely .My four are all Fine as
    I always ask them before I tuck them all up in bed and they all reply OK dad.
    Thers no reason I asked I just like to hear what people think ,do and feed and anything else that
    comes into my head as I find with all our great members its a very interesting way to learn and
    I am always amazed at some of the wonderful things folks on here do for their beloved Cavaliers,
    and I am always picking up new tips every day .I often hear or read things about human/animal
    life in general and then spin it so it realates to our Cavaliers then I ask away .
    Stay safe and happy Annie you are a smashing girl and its always nice to read or hear from you .
    Your Best Mates
    brian and
    Pops ,Dangerous Daisy ,Rosie and Little Lil
    Ps My favourite questions are always what members feed their Cavs ,I learn a lot .
    Pps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hse86...layer_embedded
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Default So many little things...and each dog a bit different

Besides her waggy tail, Gracie makes a little grunting sound when she is most happy....it is one of my favorite sounds to hear. It is just a few grunts that we hear when she wakes up to find us near her or when one of us picks her up and cuddles her.

Most of the time, I look for clues in her eyes. Like Robbieswan said, Gracie makes it clear when she is upset with us. She furrows her brow and makes a "hrrumph!" sound... or will go to her bed, stomp on it and turn her back to us. These incidents happen when we won't let her do something she wants to do..... like eat a frog.

She is curled up on my lap now and making the cutest sounds... little sighs as she nestles in.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great question because I often worry about if mine are happy. It's hard to tell sometimes, but I guess that wagging tails and a contented rested nature are good signs. Sulking and whining are bad signs. I've been very busy lately and so has my husband, our little girl is getting more involved with her friends outside the home and Belle and Bobby have a bit less attention lately. They seem to lay around and wait (or sulk)-- at least it feels like it. I'm glad they have each other, but they do look to their humans for a lot than they get from one another! Poor dogs, no matter how much you make their life great, I always feel that they do wait for us--- to come home from work, to get out of bed, to finish dinner, to come home, etc.
    Dogs are easy to please though, a nice treat and a few belly rubs makes them happy! I've rambled a bit, but hoping this has answered your question.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.