• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A farewell to my beautiful Lucy

A lot of heartache!

Karlin, so saddened to hear that Lucy has passed away. All of us with elderly cavaliers wish that when it is time for them to leave us that they would just close their eyes like Lucy did and drift off peacefully. It must be a comfort to you that she spent her last few days with Thelma I'm cetain she was very happy there. So much heartache in a couple of months you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh Karlin..:(
I can't even tell you how sorry I am to read of this news and your recent losses. I am in tears as I type this. I can only imagine what a difficult time this must be for you. I'm glad that Lucy went peacefully and was in a loving environment. It is probably best that you were not the one who had to discover she had passed..I would imagine that would be just too much to handle. It seems that your beloved father needed her with him in heaven and she felt it was her time to join him and keep him company once again. My thoughts are with you. <3

God bless Thelly's big and generous heart and taking such good care of Lucy for you. To know she was so comfortable at Thelly's that she was able to peacefully pass away just tell you so much.

You know how sorry I was to hear about Lucy but you also know how incredible it was that she did so well for so much longer than anticipated.

Praying that you are through with losses for a long time now Karlin. :l*v:

So sorry to hear of your loss Karlin

My first reply to a thread and me crying again, these are special dogs that pull your heart strings, our thoughts are with you - remember the strong little dog that she was xxxx

Just wrote a small poem for you Karlin. Hope it helps...( big hugs )

Our time on Earth is measured,
Whether you have two legs or four,
Dad, Lucy & Quincy,
I could not have loved you more.

Surrounded by your legacies,
I know I'm not alone,
The physical not here to see,
As I look around my home.

My dearest dad goodbye,
Quincy, Lucy too,
One day we'll reunite,
When my day is due.

Somehow I missed this... so very sorry about Lucy

She was an adorable girl and obviously gave you so much joy. Sending you warm hugs.

I can tell Karlin, by the memorial about your Dad, that he was truly a unique and well loved man. I am glad you were able to spend time with him before his passing, and I love the story of Lucy, crawling up the bed to finally rest beside him on your moms pillow.If just feels like she knew somehow, and needed to join him.I'm just sorry that she needed to go before you got home. She was a beautiful girl.

Thanks again for so many nice thoughts; it helps to have such a great group here. And thanks so much for this lovely poem :flwr: -- what a kind and thoughtful gift; it made me smile. :)

Just wrote a small poem for you Karlin. Hope it helps...( big hugs )

Our time on Earth is measured,
Whether you have two legs or four,
Dad, Lucy & Quincy,
I could not have loved you more.

Surrounded by your legacies,
I know I'm not alone,
The physical not here to see,
As I look around my home.

My dearest dad goodbye,
Quincy, Lucy too,
One day we'll reunite,
When my day is due.

I am so very sorry to read about Lucy and also the loss of your dear Father, thinking of you at this very sad time.:flwr:

My condolences Karlin on the loss of Lucy and your father. I enjoyed the photos you posted of all. It seems as if Lucy and Qunicy were quite close and now they get to reunite.
Hang in there, we are all thinking of you.:lotsaluv:

Judy and I extend our condolences for the losses of your father and Lucy, Karlin. You are an invaluable treasure for the breed, and I am sure your father was pleased with your contributions.

Karlin, I am just after seeing this. I am so sorry for the loss of lovely Lucy. She sounds like a wonderful dog. You have been through so much lately. Make sure the doggies and cats give you lots of cuddles during the hard times.
Take care,
Bríd

Karlin,

Only just seen this thread, we are so sorry for all your loss, and you are in our thoughts :hug:

Back