Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A farewell to my beautiful Lucy

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry for your losses and that this has been such a hard year. What an accomplished man your father was-- I am sure you are very proud of him.
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin - I am so very sorry that you have lost your dad and your dog Lucy. (((Hugs)))

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss Karlin.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious Lucy. She was a beautiful girl. I can imagine your father, sitting with two very special furry angles on his lap in paradise! Its heartbreaking that she passed before you got to see her again, but obviously she was in a place that she was very comfortable and loved. I am also sorry for the loss of your dad. Wonderful tribute in the article you linked. I pray the rest of 2011 gets better for you.
    Mom of Bella-Blenheim female born 12-29-07
    Koda, Lilly, Neo, Gizzy,-(dog,cat,birds)
    Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Madison, Brandy, Shayde, Lucas, Abraham.

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin, so very sorry to hear that Lucy has gone to Rainbow Bridge. Her treasured memories will be forever in your heart. Sincere condolences on the loss of your dear father - losing a parent is the hardest to bear.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for letting Lucy give hope to cavaliers yet to be born.

I would also like to thank Thelly for what she did to enable Lucy to donate those so important tissue samples.

I hope that Lucy's doggie heaven does have a familiar welcoming lap, a loving cat to snuggle with, and a numerous supply of socks.

Karlin, your Father was obviously a man to be proud of and I think that you must take after him.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I am so sad to hear of all the heartbreak going on in your life Karlin.I came here today to post a note about my sweet Nash (non Cavalier) being put to sleep yesterday, and instead found this memorial for sweet Lucy, and your wonderful dad Glen.What a wonderful life you gave Lucy, and how obvious is was how much you adored her. I only wished she could have stayed long enough to see you once more. But I wonder if somehow, her little heart knew that you dad was gone and her's wanted to join his now.There is no good time for our sweet dogs to leave us. Having had to make a hard decision in the last 48 hours, I know full way the emptiness that even one of them leaving brings. Your dads memorial tribute was so lovely. He sounds like one of a kind, and as Margaret said, his daughter surely has taken after her wonderful father. I'm so sorry you have to have two things happening in one week which are such heartbreakers. Know that I am thinking of and praying for you and your family. Thank you for sharing a bit of your dad with us. He was a brilliant and special man, that is obvious by what was written about him and your adoring love for him.Lucy was a beautiful dog. I am so thankful she got to live out the last end of her life with people who loved her so greatly.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry, this first part of the year has been so terribly sad for you. Little Lucy will be snuggled up on a very comfy lap making your Dad smile I am sure
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for so many kind thoughts -- such support always helps.

We will miss Lucy so much. I always loved telling people her age as she looked like a little puppy sometimes, and that she came all the way from California to live here in Ireland with her extended family of dogs and cats!
    The funny thing was that people would always think she was just a puppy when I was out with the others! I would get asked if any of the others were the parents of 'the puppy'. No one could ever believe she was the oldie in the group.

It has been a hard few months. Lucy was the the only one of the three whose passing was more or less expected within a short time frame.

I was able several weeks ago to go out to California and be with my dad at my parent's home in time for his final days, and was with him when he died. It was lovely that he could be at home with everyone there. Mom and I were reminiscing last night how dad would lift Lucy to the end of the bed and she'd slowly creep up til she was lying on my mother's pillow...

Dad was a wonderful man and an enormous influence in my life. We were always very close and very similar in interests.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I`m so very sorry Karlin to read that you have had such a sad time. What wonderful tributes to both your Dad and to Lucy.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.