• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yuck!!

kimy27

I have had a bag of dog treats that I have been giving to Bailey and Dylan for a few weeks. This morning I noticed what looked like white powder on one of them but when I looked more closely the powder was moving! :yikes Disgusting! I got a bit of a fright and was really worried about the dogs but when I looked it up on the net i found out it was weevils which are harmless to dogs. Thanks goodness. The treats went straight in the bin and I will be a lot more careful of what treats I give my puppies in future!

Think I may call my vet anyway just to be on the safe side.

ewwwwwww!!!!

thanks for the warning! I will be more careful myself. What kind of treats are they?

They were similar to these http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=275&pf_id=54150 but weren't the pedigree brand. The ones I had weren't ones I would usually buy because I wasn't familiar with the company who makes them but my sister bought them and I didn't want them to go to waste.

Apparently these mites are quite common with dog food if it isn't stored properly. Someone also said it's a good idea to put dog treats in the freezer for a day or so when you buy them as this kills any mites that may be there.

Back