Thread: Yuck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yuck!!

I have had a bag of dog treats that I have been giving to Bailey and Dylan for a few weeks. This morning I noticed what looked like white powder on one of them but when I looked more closely the powder was moving! Disgusting! I got a bit of a fright and was really worried about the dogs but when I looked it up on the net i found out it was weevils which are harmless to dogs. Thanks goodness. The treats went straight in the bin and I will be a lot more careful of what treats I give my puppies in future!

Think I may call my vet anyway just to be on the safe side.
    Kimberly

Little girl Bailey 5 years old
    Little boy Dylan 4 years old

Post Thanks / Like

Default ewwwwwww!!!!

thanks for the warning! I will be more careful myself. What kind of treats are they?

Post Thanks / Like

They were similar to these http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...75&pf_id=54150 but weren't the pedigree brand. The ones I had weren't ones I would usually buy because I wasn't familiar with the company who makes them but my sister bought them and I didn't want them to go to waste.

Apparently these mites are quite common with dog food if it isn't stored properly. Someone also said it's a good idea to put dog treats in the freezer for a day or so when you buy them as this kills any mites that may be there.
    Kimberly

Little girl Bailey 5 years old
    Little boy Dylan 4 years old