• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toby's First Bike Trailer Ride

gamefanz

Toby's First Bike Trailer Ride*new pics #13*

Toby is 10 weeks old now and we decided to introduce him to the bike trailer we have modified. It was for our Peke but we are now passing it on to Toby. At first he was a little unsure and sniffed everything but afterward he settled down and actually fell asleep during the ride. We are starting out small and only traveling our neighborhood. I think he had a good time. It will take awhile for him to get used to the movement and want to be able to look out and see all the people. For now I think he is ok laying down and sleeping with his bear! This is start to finish pictures!
wwagxl.jpg

2191j0p.jpg

2m7ur2f.jpg

2vw7eo2.jpg

2ef29vq.jpg

Last edited:
I first thought this was a joke, with a toy dog in the cart! LOL We use a bike trailer too, so that I can take Cooper and Nina to different places for a walk. Great photos!!!!!

:lol: Our families keep saying he is a stuffed toy:lol: Glad we are not the only ones that do this. Its great to share bike riding with him.
Becky

I first thought this was a joke, with a toy dog in the cart! LOL We use a bike trailer too, so that I can take Cooper and Nina to different places for a walk. Great photos!!!!!

It was when we bought it but our Peke loved the air and laying his head on the edge so we cut the sides down. We bought more mesh today to attach to the sides so Toby doesn't get himself into trouble. The front flap does come down and snap into place and the back has a mesh window. So once we attach the mesh on the sides it can be closed in. If he doesn't try to bite his way out of the mesh we could take him off the rope but of course I am not holding my breath on that oneicon_whistling
Becky

Oh how adorable.....Toby is just too cute for words. I have a bike trailer too, but have mine modified into a stroller.....it's perfect for 3!! They all fit comfortably. I've thought about getting a bike though and using it as a bike trailer too. Maybe you've inspired me ;)

Thank you everyone.
Cathy I'm happy to inspire! I love the stroller idea, I wonder if I could sneak him into more places like that icon_whistling I hate staying home with him because stores do not allow dogs (not talking about grocery stores). I want to take him everywhere LOL I know bad me:shock:

Toby is adorable and the bike trailer looks great!
I think I will by one, too, even though my husband thinks I must be going mad. It would just be so great to take the dogs somewhere else by bike in stead of the car :)

:lol: Glad I could help, I'm sure your husband is saying to get off that crazy site LOL
The one we have is a child's trailer that we modified. We took out the seats, measured a
thick board to fit the bottom so its totally flat. Then stapled a yoga mat to
the board so its soft. We placed a towel on top of that so he has even more
cushion but it can be washed. We attached a rope from one side to the other. Used
D-rings to hold a leash. Yesterday we bought a leash extension to use with the
D-ring and will attach that to Tobys collar instead of using a rope to his collar.
Our Peke Loved the air and just having his head on the edge of the trailer so we
cut out the plastic on the sides of it. But Toby is too young yet to understand
not to jump out so today we bought Mesh and will tightly velcro that to the
trailer making it closed in again.
You can buy a pet trailer also but for us at the time it was a lot cheaper to go with the child's trailer than a
pet trailer. Its was still a lot cheaper even after the wood and such that we
put in it. Its very solid and has gone on tons of trails with us.
Becky

Adding 2 more pictures from today. We added mesh to the sides and he has a leash extension to the D-ring instead of a rope to his harness. He can lay down and sleep or move about.
1zccn42.jpg

mj7egw.jpg

Thank you! Something I did not tell all of you was the trailer came with a long pole that has a flag on the top. We took the flag off and had a sign making shop put a logo on the flag. It read: Peke Power
We had paw print put on the other side of it. It was too cute and is with our remembrance box of our Peke. We are trying to find another shop that carries flags so we can do the same for Toby. I have already been thinking of different sayings to put on it.
The things we do to amuse ourselves and put our pets on a pedestal:lol:

Back