Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooby still battling along - was "Not good news ... We're losing..."

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scooby still battling along - was "Not good news ... We're losing..."

Hi All,

Iam afraid this update is not good news , scooby has deterioated and we are struggling to keep fluid off his chest, his breathing is very laboured and he is panting such alot..... The hot weather is not helping him either but hes not very well....

I was supposed to be celebrating my 40th bithday this weekend and was until scooby took a turn for the worse now all I can do is cry and worry how much time he has left...........

Sharon and Scooby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love my Cavaliers View Post
    Oh Poor you, and poor Scooby. At least you know he will be comfortable and pain free soon. I can still remember how brave my 15 year old daughter was when we had to put our german shepherd to sleep. She just held Risha's head in her lap and put her face really close to Risha's ear and talked so soft and sweetly to her as the meds took effect and she just passed away. It was the most peaceful thing and I know my daughter will never regret being there with her. My heart is with you.
    Oh boy. That just made me tear up like crazy. Im so sorry for you and scooby. Big hugs....
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to read this. My little cavalier was just officially diagnosed with dialed cardiomypathy (spelling?). The prognosis is grim, 6 months - a year eventually ending in heart faliure. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is his happiness. You know your cavalier. He'll tell you when the time is right. Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are all thinking of you and your family
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My thoughts are with you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry Sharon - sadly too many of us have been through this awful time of having to know when to make that dreadful decision. It helped that you and your husband had discussed things, so you are both aware of each other's feelings.

There's nothing I can say to comfort you - this is the Cavalier's only fault, they truly break your heart

You are in our thoughts and we hope you will be back with us when you are able to post.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Im so very, very sorry my heart goes out to you, Scooby and the rest of the family xx

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your kind words and support.................

We have spent the day together as a family with Scooby , we took him back to the vet this morning and she has given him another water injection to make him more comfortable. I sat my children down today (age 5 and 7) and explained what is going to happen to scooby in the next few days , that he is going to doggy heaven where he will not suffer anymore and will be able to run free and happy again. We have all cried but the most important thing is that we have spent the whole day cuddling scooby and giving him every treat in the world.

Scooby is my best friend , he has especially helped me through some tough times with my health and been my constant companion , both me and my husband know we are doing the kindest thing for him , Iam going to call our vet in the morning and we are going to discuss what needs to be done , I looked into scooby's eyes today and I knew he has had enough , his breathing is so laboured and now the mediciation is failing him its just a matter of time and I feel we need to help him one last time.

We have had scooby bless our lives for the last 9 years , I have loved every minute with him , hes my first dog and I couldn't ask for a better companion.

Once we lose him we will need time to heal but I will keep in touch, you guys have given me and scooby such valuable support over the months , we are very grateful.

Sharon and Scooby XXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Praying for sweet scooby

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for your kind thoughts and words....

Took scooby to vets first thing he has got some fluid on his chest but its not 'acute' so he has given him a water injection and said we will have to see how he gets on.....

He has had about 100 wee's and now hes asleep with me in my home office , so we will see what happens thats all we can do now....

Cheers

Sharon and Scooby XXX